Veterans Day week November 2021

Hey there. We are thinking about going to WDW the week of Veterans Day (actual park days Monday 11/8 to Friday 11/12) or the following week (Monday 11/15 to Friday 11/19). According to touring plans crowd calendar, both weeks are very similar (1 point diff the later week) but I’ve read other blogs that say the veterans week holiday is busy. The hotel we love staying at is a better deal the first week. Any insight? We also want to make sure holiday decorations are up. Thanks :grinning:

When do Christmas decorations go up at Disney World? Officially the holiday season at Walt Disney World begins on November 6th and runs through December 31st. However as noted above, and described below the Disney World Christmas lights don’t just appear all at once.

Our Complete Guide to Disney World Christmas Decorations

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until after you get your FPP booked. (If they come back)

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

(You’ll start to see the Halloween decor come down right at close on Halloween. You’ll see small things pop up over that week. I’ve been a few times during this week as my daughter’s birthday is in that time. Typically, by Nov. 3rd - 4th most of the Christmas stuff is up. Looking at the 2021 calendar, I’d wager it’ll be 100% before Friday 11/5/21 for that first “Christmas” weekend in November)

Thanks so we should be good either week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailed response :slight_smile: I figured this year is such a different year that we won’t know what crowds are truly like but just have to go based off historical figures.

1 Like

I went the week of Veterans Day in 2019 and crowds didn’t seem terribly busy to me. Veterans Day was the busiest of the week but the rest seemed normal. Going again that same week this year.

I have not been to WDW for Veterans Day but I have been to Disneyland around then, and the crowds were tolerable in comparison to other holidays, but definitely busier right around Veterans Day. I would just book your trip whichever weeks lines up best with your schedule, but you might have slightly lower crowds for the week after Veterans Day.

We have done this time of the year twice.
2018- went the week of Veteran’s Day (it was a Tuesday). Monday & Tuesday (especially) were very busy, then it tapered off. I think we went to Epcot on the Tuesday and it was a 10 (absolutely ridiculous). We did the Christmas Party and decorations were up.
2019- we went the week after Veteran’s Day and it was great, low crowds all week.
I’ll stick with the week after Veteran’s Day and before Thanksgiving in the future for sure!

1 Like

Thank you so much for that insight. I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

1 Like