Very important trouser announcement

Many of you have messaged me privately to express sleepless concern about my trouser arrangements for my dinner at V&A.

You will — of course — remember that I went chino shopping last week and was horrified to discover that the posh English shop (Cordings) I went to literally had nothing that fit.

Well today I went to Orvis — an American chain — and found the perfect chinos. Not only did they fit, they were marked as 40-inch waist. The same alleged size at Cordings was too small.

I’m delighted because (a) this proves that I am actually thin after all and (b) the chinos are smart enough to pair with a blazer for dinner, but casual enough to be comfortable to wear on the plane, thus meaning I won’t have to pack them.

The trousers are currently being altered for length, but photographs will be published in due course.

12 Likes

Excellent news, and we can now all finally get some sleep.

5 Likes

Well, I have always wondered what Daniel Craig looked like in chinos.

This is why, in America at least, you can never just buy clothes based on the size. One clothier’s 32 is another clothier’s 34 is another’s 30. And it is worse for women.

Anyhow, I’m glad to finally be able to get some much needed sleep.

7 Likes

It’s no different in the UK. Sometimes even within the same shop you’re a different size. So annoying!

4 Likes

This is why I quit worrying about what the tag said and started paying more attention to how my body looked. Sure, I could get a size 10 to button but who wants to see the exaggerated amount of muffin top hanging over my belt!

4 Likes

Oh, no! You’re joining the madness, too?!?! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You hang around here long enough, and the madness spreads. It is contagious, I guess. Achoo

6 Likes

Yeah, I can usually tell just by looking at something if it will fit, I start with my size and go up or down as required.

3 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

When you post the pictures, can you please include Calvin in them? I kind of have a crush on him.

4 Likes

Phew! I can sleep better now.

Cheerio!

1 Like

Mmmmmm, muffins…

Oh dear. That’s what has made my clothes shrink. Why do I have functioning taste buds???

2 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

bahahaha

1 Like

Personally, I blame the medical profession. Why have they never warned us about the link between hugely fattening food and increased waist size? It’s a scandal. We should bring a class-action law suit.

1 Like

You have a point. They are so focused with the heart, they neglected to inform anyone about the waist. I mean, who CARES what the HEART looks like? No one will ever see it except your cardiologist anyway!

2 Likes

All physicians are fanatical busy-bodies, sticking their noses into other people’s business.

Hmm. Of all the doctors I’ve ever had, they may stick things into my business, but never their noses. I’d seriously consider looking for a different doctor!

2 Likes

So this means 10 courses at V&A, right? :wink:

I’ve invited my physician and my accountant for an emergency meeting to discuss the issue.