If I have an usused California Resident (exp 9/30) and unused 3-day 1 park/day, could I apply value of BOTH at the ticket booth for new Magic Key Pass??
Hi! I don’t think the Cali Resident tickets can be upgraded at all, that was in the fine print on those tickets (at least that is what I read on disboards today). You can upgrade the other ticket. Pre-Covid you could not use more than 1 ticket to upgrade, I assume that will be the same now.
I had read in a couple places if you hadn’t used it yet you could use the value… I also plan to drive down to the ticket booth and explain that the little is not vaxed and due to the precautions they have done away with we don’t feel safe, which is 100% true and Anaheim refunded us even thought it clearly said our reservation was non refundable/non cancellable/non changeable, when I explained as much. If they were distancing and had full mask policy I would feel differently, but just indoors only was not enough. Again, if we were all vaxed, I would also feel differently and we would just mask up and go in the morning and at night for a few hours and stay at hotel the rest of the day. We are just a bit more on the cautious side. I think the “upgrade” is if you used them, or at least that is how I and a few others interpreted it. We’ll see what they say. But CA is now in the top 5 states with the most cases, so I just was a nervous wreck and feel better now.
I sure hope they let you upgrade them if they weren’t used, let us know what happens. Sorry you guys have to cancel your trip, hopefully they will approve the vaccines for under 12’s soon.
Thanks, Karen. Even if they dont’ let me upgrade and let me use for hotel for a future date or something else Disney, I’ll be happy. I will let you know what they say.
Farrah I will send loads of pixie dust and good thoughts your way that they accommodate this! Having been there right when social distancing and masks ended (even though cases were in their lull right before Delta took off), the experience of trying to doge unmasked kids and where we could unmasked adults, and working to create social distancing in lines for the littles, I completely agree that it’s just not worth the stress!
I can’t wait for you to be able to return comfortably to the magic though. You and the girls most definitely deserve it!
Many, many thanks, Loraine!!
(also with you me and Karen on a thread it’s like the beginning of the before times!!)
Update: If I let them expire I can use value towards regular 3-day tickets. She said I still couldn’t use those 3-day tickets to upgrade to a key/AP but at least we aren’t out almost $1K. I just have to wait for them to expire.
Sorry they couldn’t upgrade for you, but glad you aren’t out the money. Are you not planning on going until your little is vaccinated?
Yes, exactly. We still mask everywhere we go b/c it doesn’t bother us and we are keeping ourselves safe and the people around us safe (espcially those with littles and immunocompromised), and then I feel like we can go and not worry as much. I feel like stress is just as toxic and I literally was not sleeping as got closer to our original dates of 8/15-8/18.
You made the right call if you were stressed about going. We loved our trip, and have been back home now for a week. No sickness in any of us, not even a cold which surprised me. None of us have had even a sniffle since March 2020. We did not wear masks anywhere at Disneyland, except for the short bus ride from the TS lot on Wednesday morning and evening. We are all vaccinated. I maybe heard 1 or 2 people coughing the entire trip, I was really surprised. Meanwhile everyone I know who went to WDW this summer (multiple groups, not together) came home with some awful respiratory bug, all testing negative for Covid.
Stay safe, and hope the FDA approves the vaccine for under 12s very soon.
And if CA wasn’t in top five states with high delta surge I also would have been okay going even with the little unvaxed b/c again we would have masked. It’s really the high delta surge in the state in combo with little unvaxed that sent my stress over the edge. we have OBB for mid-Sept so, if surge has passed, we may just use them that weekend and then use the 3-day anytime we still have at a later date and upgrade those. We are just more on the cautious side of things.