Vacay (Cedar Point Trip Report)

I took my littles up to CP this past weekend! We have season passes and live about 40 minutes east. We love weekly escapes up to the Hotel Breakers beach over the summer! It definitely feels like we’ve left northeast Ohio while we are there.

We spend most of our park time in Camp Snoopy, as my kids are still under 48" (though my oldest is barely, and he’s desperate to ride Millennium Force before the summer’s end).

Looks like you had a fun trip! I love seeing CP get love!

I’m such a rubbish businessman.

The 10% will be a mail-in rebate. No-one will be bothered and I’ll get the full amount.

1 Like

I almost always mail in for my rebates. :slight_smile:

That’s fine, but do you think @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is really going to mail that rebate check?

Oh, yes. He will. For a small fee equal to 10% of the total price of the package you purchased. :wink:

We guarantee to mail the rebate check within 180 days of receiving a correctly completed coupon and accompanying documentation.

Sorry, @ryan1, but when did they buy the rights to the Star Trek IP???

1 Like

Ha ha. :slight_smile:

ALTHOUGH, King’s Island was once owned by Paramount, which owns rights to Star Trek. And, of course, Cedar Fair eventually bought King’s Island from Paramount. Now, they didn’t buy the rights, but there is, at least, a connection to Star Trek in SOME way.

But, truth be told, I was not really a DS9 fan (meaning Star Trek, not my son). I’m a ST:TNG guy, through and through. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somewhere in this thread (I think) you mentioned Silver Dollar City. I was curious, so I looked it up, and it seems pretty impressive. I’ve got family who just moved to Tulsa, OK and it looks like that might be a fun place to spend a couple days on the way home if we go visit them.

I don’t know if you’ve been there recently, but do you have an idea of how crowded it would be in the late summer? It seems pretty reasonably priced, and I think they have some kind of front-of-line passes like you find at other parks, and I’m just wondering if the lines get long enough to need that.

And since I’m picking your brain, is it something I’d want to spend 1 day doing or is there enough to keep a family entertained for 2 or 3 days? I’ve got 3 kids who will be 9,7 and 3 when we go, if we go.

Thanks!

We did 3 days our last trip, although we didn’t stay late and we did one day where we were only there part of the time, and did some other stuff in Branson, MO (such as the Titanic museum).

Two days is enough, I think. But there is a lot to do. Not just rides, but really unique shops (not your typical amusement park fare), and then there’s Marvel Cave, which is really great. (It is PART of the park, and included in admission, but you actually go into a cavern system that is a lot like Mammoth Cave if you’ve ever been there.) There are also shows to see. It is much more a family park, bordering on theme park, than most amusement parks.

We didn’t use any front of line passes, but I can’t speak to crowds at that time of year. Some lines were longer, some shorter.

(Interjecting a small story: The day we were there, many of the Duggar kids, from “19 Kids and Counting”, were also there, and we got to ride on a coaster with some of them!)

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

I was basically in a mindset of, no thanks, I really don’t want to drive 12 hours to visit my sister-in-law. But if I can drive 8 hours, stop in a Branson and do something like the riverboat, and then drive 4 hours to Tulsa, that’s not so bad. And then a couple days on the way home at the theme park would definitely make it worthwhile.

I love that you mentioned Silver Dollar City, because my grandpa has a Branson timeshare he keeps offering to let us use. That’s a bizarre thing to be offered when I’ve never spent any time in Missouri or had any reason to.

When we were at WDW I overheard a man asking if they were going to “wife swap.” I was thinking “whoa dude! I thought they got rid of pleasure island. This is a family friendly park!” I knew what he meant, but just thinking about it made me laugh the rest of the day.

1 Like

Now you have a reason to take him up on the offer. Besides SDC, it is a beautiful area with lots to do and see.

We also rode the Ducks…which was cool and all, but in light of the tragedy not long ago, I don’t think that is a option. But we loved the Titanic museum as well.

1 Like

Works for me. I ‘m writing to formally commit to taking my family to CP summer 2023. There is no excuse. I’m doing this!

Thanks Ryan for sharing your experience.