Using magic bands that have not 'entered' a park

I’m very intrigued by this but also a little confused. I understand how one could use someone else’s AP Magic Band to book FP+ even if they won’t be in the park. That loophole makes sense because they have a separate ticket (another AP) attached to it. My confusion lies in how does one with multiple bands of their own can book multiple FP+s. Wouldn’t you need a separate ticket to be attached to each band in order to book them? I’m sure that I’m not making any sense but I don’t know how else to phrase it.

Since MB are attracted to an account, rather than a ticket ( I believe) I’m not sure you could do that. What it appears you can do is use someone else’s band who is not there to schedule and use FP+.

Of course, YMMV, but that’s what I think they are saying

Ok, that is what I was thinking but I started to get confused when it was mentioned that people brought multiple bands of their own with them. Thanks @Agent_C!

I am wondering this myself. I could see people doing this with tickets…extremely expensive proposition, but folks pay extra for express pass at Universal…

I’m intrigued too. If this works with tickets attahced to MB’s, I bet people start doing this with tickets. It’s pricey, but people pay a lot for premium experiences in WDW these days!

1 Like

We have old bands from our last trip. So how do I use them on this trip?

We have magic bands (Not AP) from our last trip and just received new ones for our November trip. Will the old ones work also (so I could wear the orange one day and the red the next)?

As long as they are still activated, you should have no issues using them.

Should work. I asked a CM that question on a recent call to WDW and she said the new MB’s have more talent. Not sure what that means. Maybe improved RFID chips? Should have asked when I had her on the line.

Thanks - I like the idea of switching it up based on my mood!

Anyone try this recently with AP bands that didn’t enter park? Also is there any rule disney has around it? Don’t want to risk losing our AP if it’s against rules!