Using hotwire to book a room without knowing ahead of time what hotel it os

Hi

I am toying with the idea of using hotwire to book a room for Universal (I found this information on Mousesavers site). Has anyone used hotwire and gotten a room on site. I am probably not staying on site unless I can find a deal.
Although the names of the hotels aren’t listed, it’s sometimes possible to tell if it’s a Universal Orlando hotel being offered in the Hotwire listing. This information is subject to change and there is never any absolute guarantee that you’ll get a specific hotel, but here are some hints that have worked for many people:

• On the map, select only the “Universal Orlando” area.
  • Select only 3, 4 and 5 star ratings. Portofino Bay is rated 5 stars, Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls are 4 stars and Cabana Bay is 3 stars. The Hard Rock doesn’t tend to show up, but if it did we would guess it would be 4 or 4.5 stars.
  • You’ll see some hotel selections. The listings displays star ratings, amenities and prices.
  • Portofino Bay will have at least Golf, Tennis, Business Center and Spa (plus other amenities)
  • Royal Pacific Resort have at least Golf, Tennis, Business Center and Resort (plus other amenities)
  • Sapphire Falls will have at least Pet Friendly and Smoke-Free (plus other amenities)
  • Cabana Bay will be listed as a Resort and will have Golf and Free Internet (plus other amenities)
  • Universal Orlando hotels will NOT list “Kitchenette.”
  • These hotels aren’t available through Hotwire for all dates! You may find just one or none of them being offered for a particular set of dates. They tend to show up only in the short term – less than 2 months before arrival.

Remember, this information is subject to change and there is never any absolute guarantee that you’ll get a specific hotel when using Hotwire!

2 Likes

That is interesting. I’d be interested to see if it works. I’ve used booking.com before but you know what you are booking ahead of time. If you book hotwire can you cancel?

@SimonUK you were asking something similar this morning I think.

no I don’t think so. I will probably try. It will tell you the four that it will put you in, so it is not a totally blind.

I was, ta for the tag!
@mkilgore_361956 have you tried Priceline express with Hotel Canary to do this?

I’m curious about this as well.

Cool!
I’ve slowly been working my Priceline Express research over to UOR after a few people have asked.

I’ve not played with Hotwire much, but if you haven’t seen it already the BiddingHelper tool gets a lot of love.