I am toying with the idea of using hotwire to book a room for Universal (I found this information on Mousesavers site). Has anyone used hotwire and gotten a room on site. I am probably not staying on site unless I can find a deal.
Although the names of the hotels aren’t listed, it’s sometimes possible to tell if it’s a Universal Orlando hotel being offered in the Hotwire listing. This information is subject to change and there is never any absolute guarantee that you’ll get a specific hotel, but here are some hints that have worked for many people:
- On the map, select only the “Universal Orlando” area.
- Select only 3, 4 and 5 star ratings. Portofino Bay is rated 5 stars, Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls are 4 stars and Cabana Bay is 3 stars. The Hard Rock doesn’t tend to show up, but if it did we would guess it would be 4 or 4.5 stars.
- You’ll see some hotel selections. The listings displays star ratings, amenities and prices.
- Portofino Bay will have at least Golf, Tennis, Business Center and Spa (plus other amenities)
- Royal Pacific Resort have at least Golf, Tennis, Business Center and Resort (plus other amenities)
- Sapphire Falls will have at least Pet Friendly and Smoke-Free (plus other amenities)
- Cabana Bay will be listed as a Resort and will have Golf and Free Internet (plus other amenities)
- Universal Orlando hotels will NOT list “Kitchenette.”
- These hotels aren’t available through Hotwire for all dates! You may find just one or none of them being offered for a particular set of dates. They tend to show up only in the short term – less than 2 months before arrival.
Remember, this information is subject to change and there is never any absolute guarantee that you’ll get a specific hotel when using Hotwire!