Using Apple Watch instead of magic bands at park?

I can’t find my magic band, and I have an upcoming trip this Friday (which I scheduled last Friday, so no time to get a magic band.) I’m wondering if I even need one though since I have an Apple Watch and I’ll be by myself so I’m sure I’ll have my phone in hand more often. Does anyone have experience using just their Apple Watch?

I’m staying at the Swan, and so I’m not sure what options I have in terms of getting a key to the world card.

1 Like

The apple watch worked fine for me to gain entrance to the parks, but I had difficulty getting into my room without a MB. Since you’re at Dolphin that bit may not matter much? I’ve never stayed there and don’t know how their room keys work. I also needed my MB to get onto RotR, so you may need one for the VQ at Remy if you get one. Other than that, I don’t think a MB is necessary.

1 Like

I’ve used my Apple Watch just fine for getting into the parks. I think I did MB for Remy. I still have MB on my opposite wrist. (I wear my MB on my right wrist…and use my right finger for getting in to park…as finger pre-dates MB) Using the Apple Watch has made easier since I can scan into the park with right and left at same time :rofl:

If I think of it tomorrow I will see if AW works for Remy.

1 Like

ok how does that work with the Apple Watch?

I think your “ticket” goes into your apple wallet. My husband used it for our trip in May and even used it for RotR and a fast pass that we got after MMRR shut down right before we got on the ride. I was too nervous so I kept my MB but he thought using his apple watch was the bees knees. :honeybee: :sunglasses:

In the wallet? Lol only park ticket there is Dollywood

When we were there in August my apple watch worked beautifully to get into the parks. I was told that they had not added the functionality at that time to enter the resorts or your room through the apple watch. As a matter of fact you’ll need either a “key to the world?” card or your magic band to get into the resorts but your phone will get you into you room. And it is correct that your tickets are synced to your apple wallet. If you have kids or others in your party you may share their tickets with them to add to their apple wallet if they have an iphone.

1 Like

My only issue is that I have me and DD7s keys on my watch, so I can’t just tap in. I need to open it to either mine or hers. annoying!!

1 Like

Hey they have fancy anniversary room keys so maybe grab some of those and use your Apple wallet for your park ticket

1 Like

Apple has an update later this year to allow hotel keys, so maybe it will be supported then.

1 Like

but but look at the special hotel keys for the 50th…

1 Like

Confirmed, pass on Apple Watch will work for Remy. I threw off the entrance person today because I put my watch against the thing even though I have a magic band on my other wrist :joy:

2 Likes

I always grab two hotel keys wherever I go because I’m always afraid my phone will die and I can’t get into my room. And I typically lose a key along the way. (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve locked myself out of my room while getting ice and had to venture down to the lobby in my pajamas )

1 Like

I appreciate your experimenting!!! Thank you!!! I hope the ride was great!!