Use two ADRs on what?

Hello, DH, DS4, and me will be going to WDW this November. We have 9 table service credits but I only have 7 booked at T-Rex (lunch - son’s choice), Kona Cafe (dinner - before electrical pageant), Mama Melrose (lunch - Fantasmic package), 1900 Park Fare (dinner - character meal), Be Our Guest (dinner - obvious reasons), Akershus (breakfast - character meal), and Via Napoli (dinner - DH loves pizza). With that said, what would you recommend for the last two ADRs?

Tusker house at Animal Kingdom.

2 Likes

La Hacienda in EP - great food and if you are lucky and get a window seat you can have a great view of Illuminations.

1 Like

Biergarten is one of our family favorites. Lively atmosphere with all you can eat German food. The main dining room is designed to look like an outdoor German square. The oompah band is a lot of fun too. If the mood strikes you right, you can go out on the dance floor and join in the fun.

If you opt for Biergarten, be advised that the band doesn’t start until 1:15pm, so book the ressie accordingly.

I second the Tusker House recommendation. That was definitely one of our favourites. Biergarten was my DD7’s favourite. Also consider, instead of two ressies, using the two extra credits to do Hoop De Doo.

2 Likes

And now, I second the HDDR recommendation! We love the fun here and the food!

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses. I neglected to add that DS is scared of head-covered characters and DH doesn’t like buffets. He’ll do it for face-character meals tho. So Tusker and Biergarten are out. But La Hacienda is a score … already booked an ADR for 7:45 PM. Hope we’ll get good seats! :heart_eyes:

As for HDDR, I researched hard into it and saw so many awesome reviews. It seems that even DS would love it. However, the transportation aspect makes it a four hour commitment that I can’t squeeze in. That’ll be something to bookmark for another time. So, one more free ADR to assign.

Maybe Liberty Tree Tavern, or Whispering Canyon at WL?

Lunch at Sanaa on your ak day. The resort shuttle is about 4 mins from the park. Your ds will love the animal views, and you will love the bread service. The food is really excellent. I hate buffets as well.

Liberty is being refurbished while we are there. In comparing Whispering Canyon and Sanaa, Sanaa’s menu made me think yums! So I was able to get an ADR for lunch on our AK day. So excited!!! Thank you all for your recommendations. It helped a lot!

You will love. Remember it’s at kidani, not jambo house.

Will do. Many thanks!

Check the time that IllumiNations is scheduled. The Unofficial Guide recommendation is to make a dinner reservation for about 1 hour and 15 minutes before showtime, then report a few minutes early for your seating and tell the host that you want a table where you can view IllumiNations during or after dinner. For the most part IllumiNations is at 9:00 in November, so you should be all set.

Also, when you are being seated, if you see a better table that is vacant or just about to be, ask the CM is you can be seated there instead - they usually try to accommodate polite requests.

1 Like