Urgent advice desperately needed!

Update: They’re being super nice but can’t find my reservation yet. So no FPP for me :disappointed_relieved:

Not sure what kind of rate you found for AsMo, but throwing it out there: looks like there are still AKL rooms on Priceline Express for 12/18-12/24 at $202 per night.

Of course, it is non-refundable, so you’d have to really be on board with your trip.
(I’m posting this half way through the thread and haven’t gotten to bottom yet, so apologies if it doesn’t match up with your current plans.)

1 Like

You know me! The plans change every ten posts! You’re way out of the loop!

1 Like

I’m just catching up on all of these posts and just wanted to add in my sympathies for you having to deal with this. I’m glad if this forum and WDW helps by giving support and lifting your spirits. You know we all love hearing from you.

1 Like

Aweeee, congrats on a Christmas trip!! We went last year, the 14-17, and by the time we were leaving on the 17th it was pure chaos!! It was also my first trip to WDW, and I was very overwhelmed.

We planned holidays this year a bit earlier, although I extended my trip solo as I have some other things to do in Florida…but will end up in WDW the last two days.

My advice is just be patient and enjoy the moment!! And don’t stress about the extra parties and viewings…I’m not doing anything extra this December, except Candlelight, and that’s merely because I was invited to attend Candlelight at Disneyland next Saturday, and I race straight to LAX right after to fly to Florida. So I figured I needed a CP package in wdw, you know, to compare the two better! :joy::joy:

Bummed I’ll miss you…but you’re going to have an amazing time!!

2 Likes

Excited to follow along!

THAT’S going to help the depression a lot (NOT!).

Congratulations on a WDW trip!!! Maybe we will get to meet! Our dates are 12/21 - 12/28, so there is some overlap there.

I’m a bit late to this post, but I’m sorry you were feeling so depressed yesterday. Congratulations on your upcoming trip.

1 Like

HI! I don’t know you or your full situation but I can tell you that my husband passed away this spring. I am planning a trip to Disney in February and am giving it to our children for Christmas. Yes, it was an impulsive decision and the planning has helped me tremendously to think of all our happy memories at Disney. I also know that it will be a very hard trip because my husband won’t be with us. So this is what I really think…if the trip makes you happy, do it. It is not illegal, immoral or dangerous. You can afford to go and want to go. There are much worse vices. Congratulations on all your planning. I hope that the planning gives you another outlet to focus on for the moment and is pulling you out of your slump. Have a wonderful, magical trip!
PS…Calvin will forgive you. He wants you to be happy :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This is beautifully said Mini_Mouse!

1 Like

I’m sorry you are having such a tough time right now, but that is great that you are able to recognize it and find ways to make yourself happier. I hate that you are going through this. I hope that you have the most wonderful trip and I can’t wait to read all about it.

1 Like

I logged in tonight specifically to find out what you decided! What fun! I’m excited to travel along. I appreciate you being open about your depression. Know that you are also helping those of us who can’t, by allowing us to travel along. It helps my depression to follow you!

2 Likes

@Mini_Mouse, I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your husband.

I hope you and your children have a wonderful time in February. And it sounds like planning the trip is a good way of helping you remember the happy times.

2 Likes

I am sorry for you loss.

As others have said, going at Christmas is more about booking what you can, and then just going with the flow. Yes, it’s super busy, so I wouldn’t recommend to do it for a first visit, but you are now a veteran! Keep your expectations in perspective, enjoy being there at Christmas rather than break your neck to do everything. I hope the trip will give you a much needed lift, no it’s not going to solve everything, but it will take you away, briefly, from ‘real’ life and all that it entails.
We are there 17/12 till 31/12…I will look out for you!!

3 Likes

I’m always late to the party around here - I should just make it a part of my routine to check into the boards 2x/day.

I’m not going to rehash everything everyone else has said, other than I know how you feel. I’m sorry you have depression. It sucks rocks. Planning Disney trips helps me as well. If I’m not at Disney, I’m planning the next 2 trips. I’m currently fantasy planning a couples 25th anniversary trip in May, an immediate family trip in the fall and a ginormous family trip (35+ people) for Oct 2020. It brings me light, so I get it. I’m also super impulsive so I totally understand booking right away. That said, I’ve also been at WDW while in a pretty deep funk, and it wasn’t more depressing if that makes sense. It was surreal, almost like an out of body type experience. I did all the things, ate all the foods and rode all the rides, but I never picked up my camera (a sure sign something is wrong). It’s an underlying current that’s a part of life that people without it don’t understand. I hope this trip helps pull you out sooner rather than later.

Have you considered starting a Disney blog, or contributing to one? Something to give you a lift on a regular basis without costing money. Maybe even earning money. You have plenty of experience, and I don’t think there are many that specialize in international travelers. Just a thought.

4 Likes

Now that you have made the decision and I truly pray this helps your depression, and you want to check out the WDW hotels - this might float your boat (pun intended) Yacht Club: Disney World's Underrated Christmas Resort - Disney Tourist Blog

or this - but spoiler alert - FREE Disney World Resort Christmas Decorations Tour - Disney Tourist Blog

Best wishes for a great trip. Sometimes you just have to get WDW out if your system!

Not sure what you’re paying for each trip but maybe it would make sense to get an AP for discounts.

I can’t agree with this sentiment strongly enough. Planning Disney trips, going to Disney, talking about Disney brings such joy and light into my life. I think people who care about me the most are happy I have found this…hobby?..but also still think I am slightly nutty for how into it I am. I’ve been very fortunate to have financial support from both my parents and in-laws for three out of our five trips and because of how close the trips have been I was able to do an annual pass. For this upcoming year I have three trips planned using some money my grandmother left me when she passed; however, once those trips are over I don’t know how I will be able to make it work financially. I’m trying very hard not to allow my mind to go there because I get bummed just thinking about Disney not being in my life.

7 Likes