Updating TPs - It Pays to Revisit and Update

I’m new at developing and using touring plans, but I started VERY early for a trip in September 2022. Some of my plans had large time gaps in them - 2 or more hours between attractions. One FAQ said to reduce the end time. But that would not work for late events such as MK fireworks or EPCOT’s Harmonious.

I discovered that simply reoptimizing the plan - with more current data - improved the schedule, reducing or moving gaps. Also, a couple of tweaks in lunch break timing helped.

What I’ve learned is that I will need to revisit and update my plans closer to my trip - at least 2 weeks out.

I suspect most people here already know this, but I’ve learned a lot just by checking.

4 Likes

Welcome! Ask anything & as often as needed!!

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019 / 2020.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until about 30 days in advance.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Also, sometimes that far in advance they are just using the historical data from that calendar date and not adjusted for the day of the week.

For example, if your trip starts on a Monday, that day was probably a Sat. or Sun. in 2020. So you might see a CL10 because this year that “date” was a weekend. When they update the calendar in 2021 they’ll adjust for that date being on Monday this time.

Each crowd calendar has their own way of getting their number. I like to look at multiples to get a better idea of when it is a “slower” time to go. CLs for a specific date aren’t reliable.

As stated a good TP will put you ahead of 85%+ of the people wandering around asking, “Well… what do you want to do next?”

1 Like