Updated Touring Plans

Good all around info on this site for open/closed attractions and dining:

Example:

2 Likes

Those times you are showing are the same times I am showing for my September trip. My guess is that they are putting the current released hours, but will update them later on. There are much more knowledgeable people on here that might know better.

1 Like

All my park pass reservations have changed in MDE and are now showing the new updated shorter park hours for November.

2 Likes

Interesting, I never saw that list of restuarants opened. I wish they would add possible opening dates if they know.

1 Like

we were supposed to go that week but our SW flights got cancelled due to low bookings. They cancelled all direct flights from my airport to Orlando the whole month of September

1 Like

Ugh. Iā€™m sorry to hear that! We are flying SW too. They have changed our flight times about 4 times since we booked, but the direct flights are still there.

This weekend my flight got completley changed, so I canceled it and rebooked with two different airlines (Delta/AA) on flights that I double/triple checked have been flying regularly without cancellations :crossed_fingers: Flying right now really is a last minute thing with high chance of change :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (with my cancel credit, I booked a flight in November, then canceled it 2 days later because they had a 25% discountā€¦so I had to cancel/rebook)

Also, shout out to the resrvation finder for finding a res at Ogaā€™s Cantina :grin:

2 Likes

This has me nervous. I have plans to book SW for late Nov/ early Dec. I have a credit from our canceled flights that I need to use. I only want to fly direct. Husband wont do airport change.

2 Likes

Yay! Reservation finder did me a solid too. Found me a last minute Sci-Fi Drive-in ressie!

Iā€™m nervous about SW also, but only for my return flight. Our outbound flight from Philly is the first flight out on Saturday after Thanksgiving. I imagine that even with less people traveling, that it will still be busy enough to keep.
My return flight 12/5ā€¦ Iā€™m not as confident about.
I need a direct flight.

2 Likes

Just got notified of my SW change. 2.5 hour layover and getting in 6 hours later than planned. Not happy. Our trip is in October and were flying on points. But maybe not bc I love nonstop and dont want the extra airport time with covid or a second flight with 3 kids. Literally doubled our travel time :woman_facepalming:

Regarding the SW flights, I think it was a total of 4 times that our flight times were changed by SW. The times were all over the place. At one point, our departing flight was too early that we couldnā€™t make it (schedule conflict on our end). This was all during a time where I was planning on cancelling the whole trip, so I just let the flights hang out there.

Eventually, SW brought back more flights and changed the times. What I didnā€™t know was that they brought back the original flight time I booked, but we were still scheduled for a different time. I was able to make a change (and it actually cost less).

We leave on 9/6 and I havenā€™t seen any flight time changes since 8/4 (about 30 days out).

I say all this to encourage you to hang in there with the flights. Wait for that 30-day mark and see what is available. Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t cancel the flight because we ended deciding to go after we got a major resort upgrade!

3 Likes

Thank you for posting and giving me hope!:rainbow: less than 60 days out so Iā€™m tempted to book jet blue and ditch SW but I will sit tight and wait and see :crazy_face: :grimacing: (theme for 2020 it seems!!!)

1 Like

I hope my experience is the same for you! I was okay to wait because I had already mentally cancelled. If you find what you want with JetBlue, then it might be worth going with them. But I would still remain optimistic with SW.

1 Like

After all this talk, I went ahead and booked my flights yesterday. SW said my inbound only had 2 seats left. Thats encouraging, right? My out bound is a late evening flight. I hope this doesnt get pushed up tooooo much, lol. Im still a little over 90 days out though, so who knows :woman_shrugging:

My SW flights to John Wayne (Orange County, CA) for my DL trip keep changing too! Originally I was arriving Thursday afternoon and going home Saturday evening. But after 2-3 changes, the flight now leaves last thing Thursday night and comes home Saturday at noon. That pretty much cuts a day off my trip.

Iā€™m actually not holding my breath that it will even happen at this point (weā€™re supposed to go first week of October so thereā€™s still time, but itā€™s not looking very likely).

Southwest mucked with my times as well. It works out flying from Las Vegas to Orlando (I get in earlier, and the flight is direct), but they seem to have eliminated my return flight. It was 7:30 p.m. from Orlando to St. Louis to Las Vegas; now itā€™s 5:00 p.m from Orlando to Dallas to Las Vegas. If they push it up earlier, Iā€™m going to have to go to my TA and try to get an extra night at my hotel and move my flight to the next day.