Updated SWGE predictions

My husband and I are early risers and EEMH would be awesome for us. Getting the kids up and ready in time to get to EEMH would mean them (at least DS7, DS11 has more flexibility around hours of sleep) consistently being asleep by 8pm, meaning no evening shows, and probably significant grumbling. But for a theoretical solo trip, the extra Es in EEEEMH would stand for Excellent.

3 Likes

Are the EEEEEMH a permanent new reality? Are they every day?

Probably not. It is s temporary thing meant to help after the opening of SWGE.

Yes. Every day, every park it seems.

Currently they’ve said they’re until November 2nd. And not at Epcot, unless they’ve changed that.

1 Like

Oh. That’s right.

Gross.

1 Like

Keep in mind, the opening date of SWGE at WDW falls on a day when most US schools are already back in session, save for Labor Day (and maybe the friday before). So, you may see a surge over the Friday through Monday of Labor Day weekend, but you are not going to get many families camping out there for a week or more during that time period. I’m certain Disney did this on purpose. I also think they decided to open each land without RotR on purpose to spread out the crowds. The die-hards that have to be there as close to opening of the land as possible will have already gotten it out of their system by the time RotR opens. (Of course, some of those people are going to come back as soon as that opens). But the individual die-hards are a lot less in numbers than the full-size families that will come when their school/work schedule allow.

I’m tempted to compare this to Pandora, which continues to see crazy wait times at the main attractions today. However, I think SWGE has more to see and do (outside the main attraction(s)).

Personally, I’m planning a family trip Jan/Feb 2021. Part of the decision to go then is because RotR will be open by then. Plus, most if not all of the die-hards will have already visited. Plus, that is a typically slower time of the year to visit.

You know I will be closely following the TP crowd calendar once the land opens until the day I get on the plane.

4 Likes

The half marathon, or similar race is on the 3rd November I believe.

I suspect they’ll have to suspend the EEMH for that, hence the finish date. And depending on how crowds go during September, they can always continue them from the 4th November onwards. Especially if Rise of the Resistance is open by then.

1 Like

Yes, half marathon.

1 Like

Reallly hoping that this is the case. I’ll be there for two weeks from opening day so hoping that after the first weekend it’ll be reasonable. I’m planning to not try HS until the 4th and not trying SW:GE until 9th - so we can see what the best tactics are and to avoid opening week rush. I did find it pretty easy to get FPPs for this trip which is a good sign. Our first FOP isn’t until day 6, and SDD day 7 but we’ve got really early FPs every day and there was loads of availability

2 Likes

I noticed that too! I was shocked at FP availability for our trip, which is right after the opening. Am I deluding myself that that means it won’t be too insane? :rofl:

2 Likes

It has certainly been confusing to read about the apparent lack of visitors in DL. I haven’t really dug into all these reports so I don’t know how much of it is hyperbole and how much real concern.

I totally agree. I have had a hard time envisioning the nightmare scenarios people described when the opening dates were announced. Who are all of these people that will drop everything in September and go to WDW? Most families are just starting the school year. The super Star Wars fans and super Disney fans don’t comprise huge crowds all by themselves. I’ll be interested to see how SWGE does after both rides open. I think at the end of the day, it’s the awesome new ride that keeps people coming back ala FOP.

2 Likes

So sorry when reading through this post I think I accidentally hit something and reported someone for something. Totally unintentional. Not sure. If so sorry.

I’m on the same page with you. Taking my family in February 2021. Curious, what looks like the best week to go that month?

1 Like

That would make me so happy

ETA: I do agree that crowds levels will be lower than originally expected before ROtR; I don’t think WDW will be the ghost town that DLR was, but not as bad as originally anticipated.

2 Likes

I had a conversation about this topic with my MVT agent just last week. Her reassurance about my angst over potential SWGE crowds is that Disney still had plenty of unsold rooms available the first week of SWGE opening.

1 Like

That may be true. But the incentive for people to stay onsite for that first weekend was removed, since it opens at 6am for everyone.

More people stay offsite than onsite.

1 Like

Oh wow, I thought it only opened at 6am for onsite guests!

For the first 3 days it’s open at 6am for everyone.

2 Likes