Update to Mask Policy for Restaurants

I’m all for that since these threads always evolve into the same groups of people going back and forth, almost like it’s coordinated. :roll_eyes:
I’m officially out, here.

1 Like

Yes please, and thank you, oh wise moderator

Yep, takes 2 (or more) to tango.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s ever too late to try something that would help. Especially if everyone wins.

2 Likes

I just wanted to update this post to say that I saw write ups and videos from DFB and “PagingMrTomMorrow” about their experience today with this rule change. One was at 50’s PT and the other was Garden Grill.
They both pretty much say what I think most of us were thinking - it’s literally just the first few minutes when ordering with your server until you get your drinks. You do not have to put the mask back on between bites.
Also, after they clear your plates, they want you to put the mask on.
This is really not a big deal folks.

18 Likes

I made a forum post about outdoor dining options but it also includes TS “to go” options. These are currently all at resorts.

2 Likes

On Instagram, Touring Plans is reporting there was zero enforcement of the new mask policy at The Boathouse today.

This is so true. My parents came to visit recently and we sat down at a table outdoors to eat. They immediately took their masks off. We left ours on until our drinks arrived. We were doing what most people around me do. They are MORE mask compliant than most people where they live so got a little defensive about our choice to leave ours on. For the record, the rule where I am is “once seated” the norm is “once served”. Regional differences and the emotional nature of this were well on display.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!!!

Arrrggh. This is why it’s going to be super hard to look back and analyze how well these different interventions worked. It’s one thing to pass a law. It’s another thing to enforce it. I just hate that. If you’re going to have a rule, then do it.

3 Likes

The Boathouse is not a Disney owned restaurant. It is a restaurant in DS. I heard there were videos posted today about Disney restaurants where it was enforced.

6 Likes

Why do you do this so often??

Just curious

That’s good! I’m just mentioning the Boathouse more as an example of why looking back to compare the outcomes of different sets of restrictions is going to be so difficult after this pandemic is over.

If we find that certain restrictions seemed like they didn’t work, we’ll be struggling to figure out if they really didn’t- or if they did but just weren’t enforced.

1 Like

My anxiety. Trust me, it’s something I’m not at all proud of and something I am trying to work on.

If I were having a cup of coffee with you or chatting while walking, I can read cues and explain myself better. Then I walk away feeling that I not only still have a friendship, but I was able to better explain myself which often takes a few times as I emotion first, logic after.

Online I am missing those cues, coupled with several bad experiences of trolls on FB and my anxiety ratchets up to about a 6 or 7. My OCD then, if unchecked, has turned into panic attacks that then affect my wellbeing and sometimes my family. All because I can’t “read” people when they respond.

I have problems making friends. I just am not good at it. and in my early 20’s, it put me into a depression where I didn’t leave my bed except for a couple of hours a day. I won’t let it get to that point again because I have my kid to think about, but it seems to have switched from depression to anxiety.

What I should do is just keep my mouth shut. I know it. But I overshare, word vomit, then delete. I think I’m explaining, but it comes off as aggressive when it’s totally not meant as, or if it is I feel guilty 2 minutes later and try to fast forward to the logic part of the thinking. What I also should do is buy a damn journal and write to myself instead of sharing my opinions or trying to protect others. Hey look. I over shared again :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

One of the reasons I love this place is we are all understanding and forgiving. Be kind to yourself, I always love seeing your unicorn in a thread :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

We were at WDW earlier this month. I did notice several people sitting in restaurants (specifically Cosmic Ray and Pinocchio for us) without masks and not eating. One girl was live blogging. My husband read the new mandate and immediately thinks Disney is being too controlling. The thing is, every time a rule is implemented, most will comply, many will try and work around it. Disney is just trying to keep up with those who are avoiding the rules. First it was people eating while walking, now sitting in a restaurant and not eating…there will always be those who just can’t follow rules, even for their own good. :frowning:

4 Likes

You are among friends- ok, sometimes we are more like a family that gets together and argues (but still loves each other).

Please, if something hurts your feelings, reach out! I will never forget a thread on chat where four posters said something about it would be easier if there was a link to the forum. At least the first post was a joke- and the response was “it’s at the top of the page” or something like that. I responded, “ it is at the top of the page” to one liner and I meant to end with ? But hit !..I realized it later but I thought nothing about it. Unfortunately that poster thought they were being mocked and was terribly hurt.

We all can be hurt by our perception of what is being said. Honestly, usually it is how it is being read, not written. All of us make mistakes but I cannot think of anyone that would purposely try to hurt another’s feelings. You are safe here, and if you need reassurance just reach out!

8 Likes

The people on this forum are weirdly nice. It’s unnerving. There’s something wrong with them.

But if you’re a paying member you can access the secret forum where there’s a daily thread. It’s really disturbing. People are like crazy nice in there. I can’t hack it. I maybe pop in once or twice a year.

Say hello in there and people will be driving across the country to wash your car and remodel your house, while chipping in to set up a college fund for your kids.

20 Likes

I like you! And your avatar is awesome. I also overshare. We are having a family emergency and it’s making me very nervous and I overshare even more when nervous. Hubby literally says to the woman I’m chatting with the other day, “she gets chatty when she’s nervous so just let me know if she’s bothering you.” Seriously!?!? Lol

5 Likes