Up in the air…trip report

6 Likes

Where is this :stuck_out_tongue: ?

3 Likes

Answering my own question…. Dessert party. ?

2 Likes

Yes. And my mom got her own special huge plate of gluten free desserts including cupcakes, pound cake/breads, candies, sorbet, cookies and chocolate covered strawberries.

5 Likes

Our spot

8 Likes

On DD24 and my trip last month, we were so hot and sweaty and that Olaf strawberry lemon bar really hit the spot. I’d definitely get it again.

3 Likes

There is far too much savory on this dessert party plate. MORE SUGARRRRR

5 Likes

Lol it was my dinner.

4 Likes

So I understand the disappointment in Enchantment. The spectacle is as always very Disney. But they’ve completely given up on even trying to put any kind of cohesive plot or theme here. It was pretty for eyes but does nothing for the spirit. It’s like a Fast and Furious movie to me. Void of any redeeming quality other than spectacle.

6 Likes

Well said. I agree.

2 Likes

Having a kitchen is so wonderful. We’re having late night quesadillas!

8 Likes

Mom and I really enjoyed the dessert party. I don’t think it was any better or worse than Jan 2020 food wise. And we just sat along the railing in the back when everyone else shoved forward which really gave us lots of space all around us and a decent view. Staring at the hordes of people in the corralled areas around us I was thankful for all the space around me. I did hold moms hand (she has small hands) getting out of there though but luckily they opened up the area behind Main Street so it was just a short bit of the packed sardines feeling. We easily caught the bus right as it pulled up right after the fireworks which felt pretty lucky. They dropped off at Kidani first and then were headed to Jambo.

The park felt pretty crowded today but not a 10. It certainly wasn’t like the year I went on NYE. But we waited the longest for Monsters Inc at 18 min and 17 for Buzz. Everything else was 10 min or less using ILL and LL with G+ and the morning 1/2 hour which we really only got about 20 min of. So I’d say we were successful having rode all the headliners and most of the tier 2 attractions. I really just skipped iasw and the spinners and more kiddie type rides like speedway since I had teens and a senior with me.

8 Likes

The Olaf bar is my favorite hot day treat! I got one last summer while waiting an hour for Lion King in the sun at AK and I agree it was a life saver!

3 Likes

I told em they could sleep in a little. The goal is 10:30am arrival and my little fingers did this this morning:

14 Likes

My problem with having to get up at 655am to do this is They all get to sleep in but now I’m up. :frowning: I’m gonna have to work harder to keep today with little lines like yesterday and I honestly think it’s impossible (though maybe if I can convince kid to use Single Rider for RnRC and MFSR I might can do it)

Also I literally had a nightmare early wee hours of the morning about not getting a lightning lane. I find it stressful. At Universal it was easier to have an attitude of we do what we do and going with the flow. Here you are forced to zig zag in figure 8s across the park which is sorta okay but I’m on my phone all day planning and booking and stressing. It’s not very magical even though I was successful yesterday.

8 Likes

This is my feeling. I get that planning fast pass so many months out was stressful, but I am HAPPY to stress out BEFORE vacation to make it great. The entire reason I plan so obsessively before we go is so that I don’t have to stress while we’re there… if plan A doesn’t work out, plan B is fun too, and we just pivot but don’t have to scramble to put a different plan together because it’s already there. With G+, you have to stress the day of the vacation or stand on your feet in long lines all day.

7 Likes

I concur. I didn’t have fastpass nightmares pre all of these changes. Lol

2 Likes

Don’t use SR for RnRC, it very rarely saves time and is sometimes longer than standby.

3 Likes

Sleepin mornings have their benefits. Coffee on the balcony

15 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes