UO over MLK weekend 2020

Morning all!

So, my first post here in touring plans. We are looking at a 3 day trip over MLK weekend in 2020. It will be our first trip to UO, but the crowd calendars are showing 8 and 9s for the weekend. We are staying at the Surfside inns and suites, and did not opt for the express pass. My question is should we shift to the deluxe resorts where the expess pass is included? Postpone to a timeframe when the crowds are lower?

Thanks

Matt

First off, a warm welcome!

Honestly, if you can switch to a deluxe resort with the express pass included, it will make your trip absolutely wonderful. You will be looking at minimal waits at almost everything and you can just relax and do what you want to do when you want to do it. I would highly recommend it if possible.

1 Like

I went this last President’s day weekend and Sunday was an expected 10. That made it hard to ride much. I am staying at a Deluxe resort in early November.

Welcome to the forum! If it is possible, I agree that switching would be a great idea.

Welcome! Yes, you should switch to a deluxe for express. That weekend will be very busy, you will not regret spending the extra money (plus transportation is so much easier when you can walk or boat). We like all 3 of the deluxe resorts, though Portofino is our favorite.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I’m seriously considering pushing the trip a little further out then. We are headed to wdw the end of August for a long weekend, and I’m not sure if I want to try and do these so close together, esp. with the price just going up and up. Might talk to my wife about pushing it further into the year, give us a longer visit and more time to pay for it.

Thanks

Matt