Unofficial Guide 2021 Chapters for Review

I’ll be posting the UGWDW2021 chapters for review here. Fact-checking, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

Here’s a link to the Google Drive folder with the files so far. Let me know if y’all can read them.

Individual chapters

1 Like

Yes that works, thanks!

2 Likes

Geez Len, looking at these documents makes me really realize how it’s next to impossible to write the 2021 guide. There seems to be so many ways Disney alone could modify operations and capacity that could wipe out chapters. Sorry…

4 Likes

By my count the number of days WDW closed was 117. You have 118.

Last day open was Sunday March 15th

Days Closed
16 days in March.
30 days in April.
31 days in May.
30 days in June.
10 days in July.
Total of 117 days.

Re-opening on July 11th.

1 Like

Math isn’t my strong suit. :rofl: Can you add this as a comment, please? It’ll test the ability to add comments, too.

Sure thing Len, it’s done. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I’m planning a family vacation in January 2022. I can’t wait for the 2021 book because most of my planning will be in 2021 anyway. I will be reserving my resort rooms this January 2021 so I’m hoping WDW will announce their marathon weekend for Jan. 2022 because I’m trying to avoid very crowded times.

@len, in the first part you state that almost all DVC resorts are open.

All the DVC resorts at WDW are open. I wasn’t sure if you realised that and meant just VGC & Aulani aren’t or if this was written whilst Jambo was still shut.

2 Likes

Added the Accommodations and Dining chapters.

I read the first section. I respect the issues of constantly changing rules and writing of a guidebook.

It is well done. Not hard to understand. Informative. And seems to cover the basis.

I have not been since covid but I have been following the blogs, forum, and chat to keep posted and up to date.

I tried to open chapters 5 and 6, but didn’t have access. Not sure if it’s just me, or if there’s a larger permission problem. For what it’s worth, I could get at the older chapters.

Hmmm. I’ll look at that. Thanks @emcglone.

I am getting the same “request access” for the added chapters.

Hmmm. Does anyone know how to share a Google Doc for commenting? Apparently what I’m doing isn’t working now.

Are your sharing permissions set to “share to anyone with link” or “restricted: only people with permission can open…”?
I right-clicked on a file to see my permissions, but I think there are multiple ways to get to that sharing screen.

Second question, are the files in the same UGWDW2021 directory as the rest?

All of the files are in the same GDrive folder.

What happens if you try to open this link?

I requested access through that last link. What permission is set for those with the link?

Commenter.

I can get dining to open now, but still need to request for accommodations (from link at top of thread).

OK, go ahead and request access, please.