Universal - Worth Doing?

Yup not even close

I can only handle BTMM, 7DMT & Slinky. Can’t do Space, Splash, Everest, RnRC, ToT, etc. without a full blown panic attack.

Okay, then yeah I’d avoid a lot. Probably easier to list what would be left! How are you on virtual rides like Star Tours (those are the ones that kill me but Universal LOVES them!)
These might be okay

IOA:
Storm Force Accelatron (teacups)
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (has a virtual drop if you can handle virtual)
Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge Rat Barges (like Kali River Rapids but better…but does have drops)
Skull Island: Reign of Kong should be okay
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey might be okay if you can do virtual flying (it can make me nauseous)
Flight of the Hippogriff (like Barnstormer)
Hogwarts Express (both directions as it’s different each way)
Poseidon’s Fury
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
Caro-Seuss-el
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
The Cat in the Hat
(and of course the shows Frog’s Choir, Triwizard Spirit Rally and there is a Seuss one but it’s really only for kids but if you go at Christmas The Grinch show is not to be missed)

USF:
Despicable Me (again if you can handle virtual drops)
Shrek 4D
Jimmy Fallon (virtual roller coaster effects again)
Transformers (similar to Spiderman with virtual drops)
ET
Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster (Barnstormer like)
Kang & Kodo’s Twirl 'n Hurl
Simpsons (virtual roller coaster effects)
MIB (Do not miss!)
Ollivanders
Fast 'n Furious (however imho this ride is awful)
Shows (Bluesbrothers, Beat Builders, Marilyn Monroe, Celestina Warbeck, Tales of Beedle the Bard, The Bourne show - not to be missed, Universal Horror Make Up Show - not to be missed, Animal Actors on Location)

If you can handle the virtual roller coasters you’ll still have lots to do. And the Wands alone in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade is worth a half day-full day of your time along with exploring the shops and all the effects like the mirror in Madam Malkin’s giving you fashion advice or the moaning of Myrtle in the Hogsmeade bathrooms, etc.

Edit: If you can do the pick up in Slinky I think you can do Hagrid’s. If you can handle one small drop. It’s not Tower of Terror high but it’s like one of the short drops in Tower of Terror. The rest of the roller coaster is very similar to Slinky but longer with more pickups. It does the takes off but no big drops like a normal roller coaster. If someone knows you and your limits they could ride first and let you know before you risked the panic attack. I get panic attacks so I don’t wish them on you at all!

Shrek moves…the individual seats move. it’s rough actually.

3 Likes

It is probably more accurate to say it vibrates than moves, really.

3 Likes

Yeah and maybe cuz we did it last but I swear it was giving me whiplash. Ha ha

1 Like

Pre covid you could get stationary seats at the front. I don’t know if they are open now.

1 Like

I guess you could say they move…but when I think of moving seats, I think more along the lines of Universe of Energy or something! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That I would consider a slow dark ride
Edit: I miss that ride. I liked it

2 Likes

Good to know! I really do try to do “everything” at theme parks, but there are a few items that I just don’t think are worth the wait. Shrek 4-D is one of them for me - epecailly since it’s not an “original” movie. I watched it on Netflix years ago and was disappointed. I don’t think vibrating / motion / 4-D would improve it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The room you wait in is pretty cute though. It’s average imo but if it’s ever walk-on you should give it a whirl.

1 Like

I agree with this. The room you wait in is far superior to the attraction itself.

2 Likes

I am extraordinarily biased towards Cedar Point, but I am also extraordinarily biased towards Harry Potter. So this will be an interesting comparison for me when I finally get to ride Hagrids! I imagine it will be comparing apples to oranges, each coaster satisfies different realms of thrill, but a fun thought experiment nonetheless.

2 Likes

Sorry to resurrect the old thread, but I wanted to let @darkmite2 that I just got off Hagrids. Loved it! Would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks for all the advice!

10 Likes

YEA!!! I’m so glad you liked it!!!

Um…yes …

1 Like