Universal Ticket Options

What are my options for purchasing tickets for Universal? Is there anywhere to get deals on tickets? I know for Disney the preferred way is to purchase through Disney, but I wasn’t sure if this was the case for Universal. I am looking for 2 day, park to park tickets. Thanks!

Get tickets from

2 Likes

I get mine directly from Universal. They often have a buy 3 days get 2 free in the Spring. They also often offer a discount on the Express Pass or even make it free if you get a ticket & hotel package from them too.

2 Likes

Be sure to check for any discounts you might be eligible for. In my case that was military.

1 Like

I have always bought my Universal tickets off of Undercover Tourist because they have always had the better deal. When Universal runs specials, I have always seen Undercover Tourist do it as well. For purposes of comparison, the Undercover Tourist tickets have the tax price included, while Universal does not.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Right now it does look like Undercover Tourist has the best deal.

1 Like

Newby question… does it make any difference where/when you buy it other than price? For example, are they “print at home” vs. getting a piece of plastic mailed to you? Also, I need to buy an Annual Pass for the room discount; is direct from Universal the only place or do resellers offer those as well?

You can print at home, or get a paper ticket mailed. I’ve done both on different occasions. Guest relations was able to take my print at home one and give me a paper ticket. Some people don’t mind the folded paper size ticket, I prefer it to be smaller to fit in my lanyard, that’s why I changed mine.

Can you resize the ticket when you print it to fit in a lanyard? Most browsers allow you to resize things to fit certain sizes.

To be honest, I don’t really remember. I think they email it to you, and you just print it. If I remember correctly, it was like 1/3 of the page.

??? In general, I would say that the preferred way is to purchase from a trusted third party like Undercover Tourist, and the same holds for Universal.

3 Likes

To buy an actual annual pass, you would have to do it through Universal. However, you could save some money by buying a ticket through Undercover Tourist and then upgrading to a pass when you get to Universal, depending on what kind of pass you need.