Universal Ticket Expiration

I have any day tickets through Undercover Tourist that originally would have expired in November 2020. Has Universal announced any extension of previously expiring tickets? If not, how can I exchange them for tickets that can be used next year?

Thanks in advance!

If you take a look at the FAQ page on Universal’s site, it says that if you can’t use your ticket before it expires, you can apply the value of the wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of another.

We are facing this for our August trip. Our tickets actually expire June 14. So we have to go early enough to exchange our tickets. Hopefully we can get this done the night of our arrival instead of the first day we go to the parks.

1 Like

This actually happened to me for a May trip. I had bought Universal tickets from UT that i planned on using in May but were expiring in July. When I contacted UT they offered to refund my tickets…until I told them I had already linked them to the Universal app. They said now they are property of Universal. When I contacted Universal they said that they could not refund or extend them, that I had to contact UT. When I called BACK UT they said there was nothing they could do. But then they got a call from Universal saying they would refund ALL tickets so UT called me back and in the end they were refunded. Not sure if you have linked them yet, but if you haven’t UT should refund them for you.

1 Like

It was clear after my four calls…two to Universal and two to UT…that UT is trying to dissuade people from returning tickets if you plan to still go even after the expiration date. Since that was our case, fine. I don’t really blame them. They don’t want to lose out. I can imagine this entire situation has hurt them quite a lot financially. Still, UT was willing to allow us to refund them (at 95%). But I calculated that if I returned them at the 5% loss and then bought new tickets from Universal to replace them, I’d end up paying quite a bit more than if I just pay the current difference in the value of the tickets at Universal’s gates directly. This is because not only do I lose the 5% on what I paid for already, but then I lose out on the UT savings and pay full price for the tickets through UT.

I actually am waiting for a response as to EXACTLY where I can do the replacement. I know I can do it at guest services at the park entrances someplace…but I have a question to find out if I can do it at the hotel instead, or someplace else in Citywalk without having to go to the park entrances. I’ll let you know when they respond.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Definitely let us know what you find out. I am in the same boat - would prefer to exchange directly with UT but if I am losing out on 5% of the original price plus any savings, I’d rather just exchange directly with UOR and pay the difference. Would be nice if I didn’t have to be onsite to do it though.

We have UOR tickets that expire towards the end of this year. We were supposed to be going next week. I asked UT for a refund, which they said may take 4 weeks to process. I decided to return them because it is less clear to me (compared to Disney) what their extension policy will be. Perhaps I am just biased.

1 Like

This is from Universal’s own website:

This is effectively the same policy that Disney has.

1 Like

I had not seen that. Thank you for pointing it out. The one difference is Disney has extended tickets until September of 2021, so no need to worry about getting new tickets (if we go next summer).

1 Like