Universal Supershuttle closing down for good Dec 31 2019

Just planned a trip to Universal Studios for Jan. 28th to Feb 3rd. Booked Supershuttle to get us from MCO and back from Universal. Low and behold I am out on facebook and big article on Supershuttle closing their business on Dec 31 2019.(SuperShuttle airport business is shutting down for good | CNN Business).

We took a Lyft last week from the airport. I believe it was about $20 total?

I just found out from my travel agent the it is not a Supershuttle that goes from MCO to Universal and back, but rather what is called a Starshuttle. I am sure Supershuttle operates out of MCO as well but it isn’t used by Universal Studios in there bookings.

1 Like

With all the crime such as robberies, assault, and rape going on among these companies I would pass on using them. I know that it is rare but it happens and very little is being done about it at this time. For those of you that feel safe using these services, have at it but as a family I will pass.

Hmm. Just for the avoidance of doubt, this is the Universal SuperStar Shuttle, which is (online evidence suggests) operated by SuperShuttle:

http://www.universalorlandovacations.com/Deals/Deal.aspx?deal=772

Whether it is closing down or not at present seems ambiguous…

Contacted my Travel Agent on this subject and she informed me that she talked to Universal about this situation and was told that the Superstar Shuttle would remain in operation and was different than Super Shuttle.