Universal Orlando to re-open to public June 5

They’re requiring masks.

Ha, I am your and @Wahoohokie 's opposite. Bilge Rat Barges was my very favourite ride in August, out of everything at Universal and WDW. We probably should have planned in some Volcano Bay/Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon days.

I am hoping that by the end of the time our seasonal passes get extended to (they should have ended Aug 18, so early November?) that things are under control enough that the Canada/US border is open again and that it might feel safe for a weekend trip, but I have my doubts. Even with masks I think we’re skipping our local theme park this summer, if it even opens.

3 Likes

I hope Volcanoe Bay doesnt, a wet face mask is hard to breath through… Like waterboarding…
Even if you dont have to wear them in the water, they will get wet.
I guess will find out soon…

Not UOR but Legoland explicitly says on their website that masks will not be required at their waterpark in the wet areas.

2 Likes

Maybe VB will require this

Just FYI…this is an attempt at light hearted humor

3 Likes

(Orlando Theme Parks provide proposed re-opening date at Orange County Task Force Meeting tomorrow May 21st EDIT - #98 by cherokee_jacket)

Just FYI, Governor DeSantis will be holding Covid-19 press conference at 11AM EDT

I am sure that the re-opening of Universal will be a topic covered.

Governor in his press conference stated he was going to review it.

OC Mayor has approved and sent letter onto the Governor.

https://twitter.com/AshleyLCarter1/status/1263845514912694273/photo/1

Universal has updated their site with more information. Most questions are answered there. I have also updated the TP article.

3 Likes

Hahaha…

The faq page has language that i am not sure how to interpit.

1. At Volcano Bay, will I have to wear my face covering while on the slides?

Face coverings are recommended when guests cannot socially distance. They will not be permitted on slides and in pools.

So they are only reccomened and if i am laying out on the beach area, and social distining, then i dont have too?

Some language implies you have to wear them, other language implies its optional…

Virtual Line in the UOR app is up and running if anyone hasn’t seen yet.
Looks like a few rides will initially be closed, most will have the the virtual line feature.

Two questions when reserving: How many guests in your party? What time works best for you?

2 Likes

Interesting. When I went to check there were only four rides listed, none of them the same as what you showed.

Just checked now, about 17 attractions with Virtual Line. A few others plus kids rides show a 5 minute wait. Seems like they are testing the system

Question. So if you check into a ride with the ‘virtual line ticket’ using the QR code on your phone, how will this be implemented on Hulk and Rip Ride since you cannot have your phone when entering?

I have wondered this as well regarding lockers. You need your ticket to scan to open lockers…but if you have e-tickets, they are only on your phone…which means you locked your tickets into the locker that you can’t open without tickets.

1 Like

I have seen some people with a paper locker card. They use that to scan for the locker and then put it in a pocket.

I have also printed out E-tickets purchased from undercover tourist and used those to open lockers. Also, I traded in the printed e-ticket for a paper ticket from guest services.

We always have our paper tickets/AP cards and our hotel keys/express passes with us, even on the rides where you can’t take phones and such. The lockers will take any sort of card, it doesn’t have to be the park ticket. Onsite hotel keys work as well, as will any card you might have with a barcode of sorts.
You can get a paper ticket at guest services if you only have an e ticket.

2 Likes

Upon returning for Race thru NY and Fast and Furious, was scanning the code on your phone the only option or could you use your park ticket?

(I have never used virtual line on these attractions)

Either way, it seems you will have to use a paper ticket for Hulk and Rip Ride? Maybe a lanyard/holder with the park ticket in does make sense now. :thinking:

They use a finger print system to access some ride lockers (stored fingerprint when entering park). Here is a good site regarding lockers:

1 Like

The fingerprint lockers are mostly gone, thankfully.

3 Likes

Right. My understanding is that they have eliminated them.

2 Likes