Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I’ve never had anything but a passing interest in USO, but I am considering a trip this fall for a few reasons.

First - the traveling homeschoolers November ticket prices are nothing to laugh. They can be used over any 7 day period from Nov 1 through Nov 30. Three days/2 parks $172pp. and 5 days/3 parks are $215pp.

Second - having not been there since 1999, I have nothing to compare it to. If it is “less than” I won’t know vs. WDW where I would constantly be comparing it.

4 Likes

Yeah. My dates just went from 6-8 crowd levels to all 9’s. We’ll see how this goes! I do not want to buy EP, but we have three full (long - 8:00 - 10:00) days.

1 Like

I now have 9s too. Glad I’ll have Express Pass from the hotel but was not wanting to deal with extreme crowds.

2 Likes

In my experience on level 10 days it was okay till around 10 or 11am and then it was awful. You might want to get out of dodge or do shows after 11am and then try for rides again in the evening.

2 Likes

What are your dates? We arrive 4/11.

1 Like

April 4-6

@gingerSnaps543222 That’s kind of our plan. Get there as early as we can (and we can walk from our hotel, which is a plus) and knock out some rides first thing, then hope things die down as it gets later. We also want to hang out a lot in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.

3 Likes

Do it do it! And VB!

2 Likes

Huh. So I just looked at a couple of my touring plans that I made for this trip and hit evaluate thinking the new crowd calendar predictions would change the wait times. Nothing changed. Very suspicious!

2 Likes

Us too, we are going for a week end of April and early May. I hate crowds and my thought had been that spring break crowds would be gone, but summer crowds not started. I hate crowds. We’ll have EP’s for four days. I am so glad we got those premier hotel rooms at AP before the crowds went bonkers

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Just finished reading the LONG Cabana Bay article.

I have to say, I’m totally set on staying there next time. The amenities are endless. :star_struck: And a short walk to VB.

5 Likes

Me too! We have a three day trip planned for the end of April, and I was thinking of adding a night on at the beginning at CB and go to VB that first day. After reading that article I feel like my kids (who am I kidding and me) would want to hang out at the hotel and spend some serious time at the pools. Hmm. Guess it’s good I’m getting us APs, maybe I should dedicate a few days there for our next trip.

5 Likes

Do you know if you can wear your cellphone in a waterproof pouch/lanyard on the water rides at IOA?

2 Likes

Yup you’re ok.

4 Likes
4 Likes

We stayed there in October and loved it so much that we (who are kind of hotel snobs and had never stayed anywhere other than Portofino or Royal Pacific for all of our trips) will probably always stay there unless we’re going at a really busy time and need XP. We did pay the extra for the suite, because it’s not that much more but it’s so worth it to have a fridge and sitting area.

2 Likes

I think the standard room has a fridge, isn’t it the microwave that the family suite adds?

Oh my Stars! I have to stay here. I need to get my DS18 to this hotel; he’d be on clouds 9 and 10. This is the son who listens to Sinatra and Martin all day long. I don’t even care if we go to USO! Thanks for the link!

3 Likes

There it is again!

Yes, Cabana Bay looks amazing. Fire pit, Bowling, Lazy River, etc

This article also was put out, similar but maybe has more info?