Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Okay. Home and watched the video. Here are my thoughts/predictions.

For the VR potter, they were showing some other VR experience as if to imply that is what they will be doing…but I have my doubts that such an experience, as shown, could be done on the scale with enough capacity for such a busy park. But what I COULD see is basically a Flight of Passage style experience…but rather than riding a banshee, it is a broomstick. But, as it is rumor mill material…just a guess on my part!

The rumored replacement for Shrek 4D is…well, disappointing isn’t a strong enough term. Then again, perhaps it is an attempt to bring a more family-friendly concept into the park?

3 Likes

If you’re interested in an in-depth look at the future Epic Universe’s lands and attractions, here is a video for you.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Universal confirms Fear Factor Live has closed.

I’ve heard rumblings for a bit now, good to see confirmation.

5 Likes

Now the “official” speculation on what will go in that area can begin!!

2 Likes

Potter VR

7 Likes

Yeah… I think I heard y’all talk about it on the podcast. I loved The Void and own an Oculus. I think at VR ride that combines FOP tech is exciting and not impossible to do.

2 Likes

Alicia Stella mentioned in her Epic Universe summary video (Theme Park Stop channel) that they have a spot in the new Wizarding World land reserved for a VR ride there (somewhat speculative). I’m curious if they end up doing both or if FF ends up being something else?

I belive they’re moving the EU attraction over to USF.

1 Like

Ministry of Magic/Fantastic Beasts are other rumors at EU instead of another WWOHP.

1 Like

Yeah in her video the VR HP ride was part of the Fantastic Beasts / Ministry of Magic land. There was a Paris façade with a London Ministry area behind it (doesn’t make any sense, but whatever), and a VR ride next to that.

Here’s the video - very well researched and interesting. It is from April though and she has posted some updated videos with changes since then, but I haven’t gone through all of them.

1 Like

Ah yes, very similar (details) to the video I posted from Independent Guides here 6 days ago.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes