Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Fantastic! Thank you for this.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget about the ā€œreporting for referenceā€ TR! :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

Forgot to report this last week, Mobile Ordering has returned to most QS places and is currently available at 16 park locations.

7 Likes
1 Like

Mummy is going down for refurbishment from January 7, 2022 through ā€œlate summerā€.

Shrek 4D is closing for a new attraction on January 10, 2022.

Fear Factor Live is not returning and is being demolished for a new attraction.

3 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s quite a long time for Mummy to be closed!

Looking forward to hearing about the replacements.

1 Like

I saw the ā€œmemoā€ā€¦ (If it wasnā€™t someoneā€™s last day before I bet it is now! :scream:)

Iā€™m genuinely curious what refurbs will be coming to Mummy. Itā€™s one of my all time favorite theme park rides anywhere.

Iā€™m shocked by both of these announcements! Iā€™m really hoping the mummy opens back up, itā€™s one of my favorite rides!

Just closing for a refurbishment.

1 Like

I think Mummy is getting a full retrack.

2 Likes

Maybe, Hulkā€™s replacement of track was a full year refurbishment and this will only be six months. I think itā€™ll be at least a partial. I do trust Aliciaā€™s info on Minions replacing Shrek and I know Fear Factor is closing for something new.

I also believe F&F Supercharged might be rethemed sooner than later and other projects are making their way through entertainment and creative.

1 Like

Could be.
Hulk is much longer and taller than Mummy, 3700 feet vs 2200 feet so a retrack of Mummy could take less time than Hulks.
Weā€™ll just have to see what universal announces in the future.

1 Like

Harry Potter VR Attraction coming! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Shrek 4D was tired and ready to retire, so glad it will be replaced with something new. I donā€™t know that the space is big enough for anything other than another movie, or perhaps something similar to Jimmy Fallon (which is essentially just aā€¦movie). Very curious to see what they do!

1 Like

Andā€¦could this mean the oft-rumored Ministry of Magic attraction could actually be happening? If they keep to the Fantastic Beasts HP theme in Epic Universe, then having the MoM at Universal Studios would add a second ride to the HP there (which is sorely lacking with just one today). Very curious here as well!

1 Like

Watch the video buddy!

I am not in a situation to watch videos.

I see. Rumor is VR Potter (flying on a broomstick.)

1 Like

Interesting! Sorry. I am at a doctor office, so couldnā€™t look. I will watch later when I am back at workā€¦uh, I mean, not working! :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t know why I watched the video. Iā€™ve sworn that after our Feb WDW trip we will avoid Florida until Epic opens. We have been so much recently. But, still, that looks pretty awesome! The VR ride seems like it could be high capacity and easily scalable. Smart of them to add it to the existing parks.

I hope they still park the Mardi Gras floats where people can walk up to them on non-parade days. We much preferred Mardi Gras 2021 to 2020.

2 Likes