Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

How to Train Your Dragon Land?! I don’t care if my kids are still too short for all the rides, this will be a must do!!

6 Likes

I think the Epic park might bring us back for another vacation. If the AP pricing is similar to what it has been, that will mean AP’s for all of us. Which might mean more than one vacation there. We did three trips on our just expired AP.

3 Likes

This is wonderful news

Now if we could just get info like that for Hollywood…

2 Likes

Us, too! I adore How to Train Your Dragon!

3 Likes

It’s a favorited around here! It was the theme for DD9’s 7th birthday. We went overboard and it was awesome!

8 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love it!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Poor kid. Too bad you guys couldn’t put a little more effort into his birthday…

:wink:

3 Likes

On How To Train Your Dragon, have y’ll done the books or just the TV/Movies? We started with the shows but then did the audiobooks on a long drive. Books were so much better.

1 Like

I have done both. I absolutely loved reading the books! Our middle school librarian used to look similar to how the Hairy Scary Librarian was described in the books and we often wondered if he had Heart-Slicers.

2 Likes

We have the books, but haven’t read them yet. They just moved to the top of the list!

Full Line-up announced

More info:

1 Like

Great article, thanks Joe!

2 Likes

Agreed…nice article. But I am surprised a stay at Surfside or Dockside wasn’t thrown in for comparison. If people are looking to save, it is worth comparing to the value resorts as well. Does it save money to get the UOAP if staying at the values?

I would gleam from the article that staying at Endless Summer Resort, there is no benefit to an AP over tix, or around breakeven.

1 Like

Also, that assumed a premier pass for one person. A preferred would have likely worked just as well or better. (Maybe the extra discount on the premier made it worthwhile) When I ran the numbers for us, Preferred was the best savings. We stayed offsite and preferred has free parking and early admission. We didn’t spend enough in park to make Premier worthwhile. For people staying onsite and not during a blackout date, seasonal probably would be the best.

1 Like

They gave the cost of a preferred even though they say premier.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad. I’m going to correct that.

2 Likes

I covered a little bit of this in my UOAP discounts article but the discounts at Endless are much lower depending on the season.

5 Likes

Well, I’m convinced.

I’ve got 2 weekends booked at UOR for IO event. I was only able to book a few nights at the discounted rate, the rest is full price at HR.

Calling next week to get AP’s to try to get a discount for my rooms.

2 Likes

You can get the APH rate without having the annual pass. You will just need to show it before checkout to keep the rate.

4 Likes