Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Nice as a grown-up I think it’s cute but obviously Camp Jurassic is better

In this video, around 1:55, he pans up and talks about shadows happening every once in a while? I couldn’t hear what the shadows were over the crowd. Does anyone know?

If you cast your eyes upward, towards the rafters and chandeliers, they are augmented with the shadows of house-elves being cast on the upper walls as they go about their daily housekeeping chores.

3 Likes

AGGGH! How cool is that!?

The food never really called to us but now I want to go just to see if I can spy them! Maybe later at night would be better?

1 Like

I’m having a blast with these videos and blogs by the way. Thank you for digging these up!

The fish and chips are the best!!!

1 Like

(you lost me at fish!)

Insert sad face here. This is where I really wish I had a better stomach for British food!

1 Like

You are the female equivalent of @Jeff_AZ who likes EVERY post, even if you actually don’t like or agree with the post. :rofl::joy::rofl: :wink:

3 Likes

And I do it for the same reason. I may not agree with the point of view, but I agree with the poster contributing to the discussion. And often times, I walk away learning something new!

I don’t like fish and chips, but DH does, so maybe I’ll go in telling him that he should try them, recommended personally by someone I classify as one of the UOR experts!

3 Likes

You are too kind :blush:

2 Likes

Agreed! we get the fish and chips every trip!

3 Likes
2 Likes

IKR? I was just coming here to post this:

Glad we’re going to the meetups and not counting on regular hours!

3 Likes

I thought this was interesting:

“It is likely that Universal Orlando Resort is benefitting from limited park ticket availability at Disney parks. We may not see Universal return to historical crowd levels until Disney parks increase their park capacity.”

3 Likes

I haven’t kept up. Is UOR not limiting capacity?

3 Likes

They are but are probably less likely to hit it on non-weekend days without the extra flux.

1 Like

Isn’t most stuff open at UOR? I’m wondering how it “feels like” 8 or 9 at limited capacity?

2 Likes

They have always been very hush hush about it IMO. I wouldn’t be surprised if the limitation was very minor.

Plus, that statement from Fred really makes you wonder.

4 Likes

Lines can be super long, but I haven’t heard much about people feeling unsafe with crowds. Though I’m sure there are some areas where room is tight.

They usually announce that new arrivals are being turned away about 3-5 hours before they reopen to all guests later in the afternoon. This happens routinely on weekends but usually not weekdays except during spring break.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what they mean here??? I think Universal is benefiting b/c they don’t require pk res.

1 Like