Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

A vegan butterbeer topping option is coming very very soon. Previously the only vegan option was to not include the foam. Yay!

4 Likes

I wonder if theyā€™ll change where they hold non EE people and check room keys when Spiderman is open for EE.

1 Like

Well, Hulk had EPA a couple months ago. Iā€™m sure they have a changing system.

3 Likes

:+1:t2:

Iā€™ve only seen it with EE to the right :laughing:

1 Like

Basically the same thing but towards MSHI.

1 Like

It is annoying because the hours are not updated in the appā€¦but if you search for park hours through Google, the link just opens the app on the phone. I had to open the website and navigate that way to get to the park hours. Onlyā€¦the format of the park hours on the website via the phone is a bit tedious.

It is perplexing that they canā€™t update both the web and app at the same time.

By curiosity, if you have the choice between spending the EPA at IOA or at USF, what would be your preference?

1 Like

IoA (Hagrid then VC :+1:t2:).

1 Like

Yes they updated last night

I just checked. I still see no hours for April.

Both. 1 each day, that is if you have 2 days.

Until April 2

1 Like

Ah yes. True

And if you have only 1 day ? :wink:

It would depend on your priorities. But I would probably (maybe) go to UOR, ride Gringottā€™s, then take the train over to IOA and get into line for Hagridā€™s. Not sure if all that could be done before official park opening, though. Otherwise, Iā€™d probably reverse thatā€¦go do Hagridā€™s first, hop on the train to Diagon Alley and get in line for Gringottā€™s. This only works if they are offering HE, though, during EPA.

1 Like

The only scenario where I wouldnā€™t go to Hagridā€™s first is if it had a delayed opening.

4 Likes

Big mistake. Unless, what @Shmebulock said.

3 Likes

Trouble is, the wait for HE going from DA to Hogsmeade is usually considerably longer very quickly. If you can get Gringottā€™s out of the way, PLUS get over to IOA on HE, you save a lot of time waiting for HE in that directionā€¦possibly enough to deal with longer lines for Hagridā€™s. If you can do it all and beat the normal park guests, you are way ahead of the game. You end up with a wait for Hagridā€™s, but not terrible, and then you can get on Forbidden Journey afterwards. You are pretty much done with rides for WWoHP within the first two hours of EPA.

ETA: I should sayā€¦this assumes you want to ride HE both directions. If you donā€™t, then, yesā€¦heading to IOA to ride Hagridā€™s first makes more sense.

4 Likes

Hey! Gotta agree about doing Hagridā€™s first. You do need to be at the park an hour before opening to be at the head of the pack.

I have an AP and come oftenā€¦Heck, I am here again right now (Technically SeaWorld today)

6 Likes

In my case, Hagrid will be closed when we visit, itā€™s a bummer but also almost a relief since it will simplify our touring plan a lot ā€¦

1 Like