Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I really need the Mummy to get out of technical rehearsal already. It’s November. I would like to use my express pass to ride it later this month.

I’m shocked they’re STILL having issues with it.

2 Likes

I’m confused…

I’ve never seen it down since it reopened. There were mornings it would open a bit late, but I haven’t seen those in a while either.

Unless I’m missing something you’ll be fine. I just check and it’s a 10 min wait atm…

2 Likes

Mummy has been running good for 8 days and counting. It was offline 10/24 15% of the day, also 10/23 22% of the day. Didn’t go back further.

2 Likes

We’re going Thanksgiving week (the joys of a husband working in education), so express pass will be very necessary that week. My fear is the waits for mummy will be substantial and if it’s still in “technical rehearsal”, we can’t use them.

3 Likes

Permanent? Or very long term? Or maybe it will be something brand new when they’re done. Guess I’m taking stuff off my TP.

1 Like

Curious George and Fievel is getting all torn down. I expect fully pavement replacements and such. Expect three new Dreamworks IPs in the area featuring modern play areas and interactive stuff. Opens 2024.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update! Makes total sense!

@rctmsu2000 All the outside queue lanes have been removed as of today. Hopefully, that’s a good sign that rehearsals are almost done!

3 Likes

Unless Mummy has a serious issue, it will be operating normally along with the Express Lane before RRR closes on 11/13.

2 Likes

So I’m guessing a re-theme and refurb of Woody’s Coaster is a possibility…:thinking:

1 Like

Correct. I am expecting a VelociCoaster like pun for the new ride. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

FIFY

Well maybe Disney can get Journey of Water open in the time it takes Universal to construct Epic Universe so only 98% behind.

6 Likes

i wrote somehting

11 Likes

Alicia mentioned you on her podcast. She said “Parkscope Joe said some of the play areas might be interactive.”

So her predictions are:

• Fievel’s area turns into a brand new Shrek play area with a Meet & Greet.
  • Woody’s Coaster gets re-themed to a Trolls Coaster.
  • The back area turns into a Madagascar or Kung Fu Panda themed play area.
8 Likes

Although my kids are almost entirely out of the play area target ages, they have all really enjoyed both Fievel and Curious George (the features and interactive free play, not necessarily the theming), so I do hope they keep the basic idea of great play areas. Jurassic is pretty great on the other side of the park too.

3 Likes

I think she mixed up the two play areas.

2 Likes

Happy Veterans Day!

The 2023 Military Freedom Pass is now available for service members and their families. Use now through December 24, 2023, unlimited visits.

There are just a couple of blockout dates. The pass is only $200 per person, add Volcano Bay for $35.

7 Likes

This is such a GREAT deal! I’m glad it’s back. The last time I was at PAFB’s ITT office a bunch of us were wishing/speculating if it would return.

1 Like

Oh, man, I got all excited for a minute! Not available to veterans. Excellent deal for current service members, though.

2 Likes

Retired service member doesn’t apply to you?

what do you mean? they allow it for retirees, do you mean that you served but didn’t retire out?

@bebe80 asking the same :laughing:

1 Like