Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I wanted to see them at Hershey also! 20 minutes from where I live.

1 Like

Touring plans meet up!

2 Likes

Tuesday update, appears Universal has reopened Kang & Kodos for the full week now, previously the ride was running on weekends only.

Additionally, Barney has now been removed from the closures list, removed from the website, and is now permanently closed.

3 Likes

This is happy news.

I have a weird love for that ride. It isnā€™t that Iā€™ll go out of my way to ride it, but if Iā€™m walking by Iā€™ll pop in. The theming is just too cute. I also have happy memories in that we got ā€˜stuckā€™ there on our second ride and we got express passes.

2 Likes

Volcano Bay is reopening February 27!

Blog post soon.

Rumor on the street it will be reopening WITHOUT Virtual Line.

4 Likes
1 Like

Without Virtual Lines? How would that work? VB isnā€™t setup for a ton of people in lines even with normal spacing.

Itā€™s a rumor based on hiring and is unconfirmed.

1 Like

UOR just started posting hours for VB.

UOR substantially extending hours for the expected Spring Break crowds, even on all weekdays.

USF weekdays:
week of 3/1: 9:00-5:00
week of 3/8: 9:00-8:00
week of 3/15: 8:00-10:00

IOA weekdays:
week of 3/1: 10:00-6:00
week of 3/8: 9:00-8:00
week of 3/15: 8:00-10:00

4 Likes

I hope they keep them extended after Spring Break (when weā€™ll be there)
Not that we ever stayed past dinner. But, seems like it would spread the crowd around a bit.

2 Likes

I think they will, UOR seems to be in the ā€œfull steam aheadā€ mentality.

2 Likes

Iā€™m struggling to interpret UORā€™s calendar. It doesnā€™t seem to specify what is regular open and what is early admission. Are the times posted by TP usually accurate?

UOR uses a different page for EPA, separate from the park hours page. They are not showing any EPA schedule for March yet. Here is the EPA page:

I also looked at the TP projected hours on the crowd calendar because I got an email that said UOR was dropping EPA for IOA for March. But their hours look very crazy, donā€™t know whatā€™s up with TP.

1 Like

So are the hours on their calendar the regular hours that donā€™t include early admission ?

Thanks for taking time out from you trip report to answer my questions! :joy:

Correct.

Been taking it easy tonight. Iā€™m exhausted! :joy:

1 Like

Although on the app, it does have them together. So different from website.

I was on the website. Iā€™ll check out the app though too. We are planning on going in April so we have a ways to go. Thanks!

2 Likes

It is actually much easier to understand on the app! :joy:

Looks like they have up to March 14th posted on the app.

March 13, Saturday, has both parks opening at 8am and both with EA. That is in the middle of the Spring Break season, and weā€™ll be going in April after it.

But, since hopping is so easy, and fun. Iā€™ll just have a EA plan for each park and not worry about the rest. DH and DD are both late risers by nature, but thankfully they happily get up early on vacation.

1 Like