Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Mummy Update - NOTHING! :crazy_face:

So many bloggers are at USF this week hoping to be the first to report that Mummy has returned! At least Iā€™m getting a bunch of great looks at all the scare zones! Every prop and scaffolding is getting hyper analyzed this week!

Iā€™ve starting thinking about it like falling in loveā€¦ Itā€™ll happen when you arenā€™t looking so hard!

At this point, I have to assume there was a last minute issue with the ride that they are having to address. The TMs are all done with training, the lockers & queues are ready and the gift shop is complete. Itā€™s a good thing they listed the return as ā€œlate summerā€. That gives them pretty much through mid-Sept. if they need it. Oh wellā€¦

Alsoā€¦ Does anyone else get into ā€œtheme park shapeā€ before a trip? About 2 wks out, I up my workouts to ensure I go 8 - 10 miles each day. Then I start eating junk food again to stretch my stomach & ā€œprepareā€ for all the fats / salt / sugars. Only 6 more days! My legs are tired and my stomach is bloated, but Iā€™m ready!

9 Likes

RixFlix made an interesting comment about the opening time frame. To paraphrase, he basically was suggesting they want to ensure, during testing, that once it reopens they wonā€™t end up with any downtime at all. They donā€™t want to experience cases of it opens, people get in line, it goes down, lather, rinse, repeat.

Sounds like a reasonable thing. Donā€™t open prematurely simply because of an arbitrary date. BUT, it also suggests there is some technical issue going on that is, so far, causing it to NOT run reliably.

4 Likes

Whoops. Sorry. Forgot to respond to this! I hadnā€™t been paying attention to what it said before. I was merely commenting on what it is saying now! :slight_smile:

Aww nuts. Yeah Rick mentioned it too, that theyā€™re probably past their internal deadline to open. Probably some glitches to work out.

3 Likes

So romantic :rofl:

Thatā€™s a great idea :laughing:
I think I unconsciously did this before my last trip :roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had too many theme park days when my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Heckā€¦ a crepe from Central Park Crepes is massive! After the first day or so, I canā€™t eat much! Iā€™m too full because I donā€™t normally eat like that!! Iā€™m not letting that happen this time!! I eat pretty ā€œhealthyā€ most of the time as well. So, when I eat ā€œjunk / fastā€ food, it can upset my stomach. (This coming from a guy that used to live on pizza & burgers!)

ā€œWhatā€™s happening to me? Thereā€™s still food, but I donā€™t want to eat it. Iā€™ve become everything Iā€™ve ever hated.ā€

6 Likes

Thinking of foodā€¦ Universal has just released their Passholder Appreciation Days menus around the parks!

Iā€™m looking forward to trying the Crab Okonomiyaki!

7 Likes

Soā€¦ The Mummy still isnā€™t openā€¦ HHN is 28 days away, only 4 out of the 10 houses and zero scare zones have been officially announced. However, I guess itā€™s never to early to start thinking about Grinchmas! :crazy_face: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I donā€™t care two hoots about HHN (and in fact would never go to UOR if it were going on when we were down there)ā€¦but Grinchmas? We are really looking forward to experiencing that for our first time this December!

6 Likes

Grinchmas and all the holiday celebrations are why my wife is actually coming with me on my December OIM trip. I totally get it. Iā€™m looking forward to it too!!

This is more about my venting about the lack of more date sensitive announcements! This will be my first HHN and Iā€™ve very excited. Plus, I go back in 6 daysā€¦ I had really hoped The Mummy would already be operating. (I fear that it will open during my trip & Iā€™ll have to wait in a 2 hr queue behind every vlogger in Orlando!)

4 Likes

HHN are so much fun! I really appreciate the talent of all of the TMs involved.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the Grinch breakfast?

Itā€™s probably still happening. They didnā€™t announce the return of Scareactor Dinning until about two weeks ago. So, Iā€™m sure they have more Grinchmas new coming!

2 Likes

Agree about HHN. No interest at all. Iā€™ve done a few regular haunted houses over the years and Iā€™m just not up for being scared anymore. Life is frightening enough lol.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually a long time ā€œscaredy catā€! I had a couple bad experiences at local haunted house as a kid. (Random teens operating the place with no rules / acting wild and grabbing people to get reactions)

However, knowing that these are ā€œtrainedā€ Scareactors at UOR that wonā€™t / not allowed to touch me is why I can handle it.

Plus, my daughter is totally into Halloween. I have to be a brave dad and do this!

6 Likes

Rix Flix just posted a YouTube video about the new rule for 18+ā€¦.full disclosure, I havenā€™t watched it to see if it actually clarifies it or makes it more muddled. Iā€™ll watch this weekend to see if it helps or not!

1 Like

His explanation sounded pretty detailed to me.

2 Likes

Detailed in that it clarified what parts refer to 18-21 year olds and are there different rules for these groups if they arrive before 9 (you can stay no problem) or arrive after?

Yes 18-21 can stay no problem if theyā€™re already in CW at 9:00. Arriving after 9 you need a guardian, but there are some exceptions.

12-14 year olds. With regards, I agree that I love this age group. 13 is when both my kids started rolling eyes but other peoples kids are a joy to me at this age and I wanted to be a middle school math teacher. if they would only triple the salary! ;-).

2 Likes