Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Tadaaaaa. Photo is from 5 years ago.

3 Likes

I had no idea they started out with the ability to hold two waits at once.
I assume they stopped that due to line capacities?

Oh, and super sleuthing @bebe80 :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

It looks to me like Tapu Tapu had the capability to view current wait times. Or am I wrong.

4 Likes

Ah ok. Just read the actual text on the tweet.
Yes, thatā€™s what it looks like.
Although, still wondering when and why that capability ended.
That would be useful, especially in the morning when rides are gradually changing from ride now to wait times. It would save walking around to a ride only to find a wait.

2 Likes

I am guessing (just speculating as a guest) that they removed the capability in order to make Tapu Tapu as simple as possible. Didnā€™t want guests to have to access menus or scroll through the Cable Channel Guide to get to the info they wanted.

2 Likes

Makes sense.
They are very easy to use as they are now.

1 Like

Mummy Update (Monday - 8/8/22)

Plastic wrap still on the doors and nothing looks changedā€¦ :cold_sweat:

Itā€™s going to open Wednesday

:thinking:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AshleyLCarter1/status/1556684839952203776

2 Likes

Have they had any issues like Knottā€™s Berry Farm or is this preemptive?

1 Like

Do you have any idea how this will work with HHNs?

The Knottā€™s fight and the CityWalk garage fight happened pretty close to each other.

If you have a hotel key you can come & go as you want. For off-site guests, it looks like the parents/guardian will need to stay with the group.

It looks like they want to avoid locals just dropping off teens that hang out in CityWalk, donā€™t have money to spend and then get bored / rowdy / fight.

5 Likes

Hadnā€™t heard of it. What is wrong with kids these days? ā€¦

3 Likes

I posted this story the other day in another thread. 16- 21 year olds can be a large population of HHNs. They will have already bought their tickets (many frequent fear passes) and will not have hotel keys or parents?

People 18 years & up are OK to be there. Itā€™s 17 & younger that need supervision after 9pm

CityWalk is free and an ā€œopenā€ place to hang out. You get a bunch of young people with nothing to do but stand around and people watch theyā€™ll find a way to get into trouble. Malls, in my area, had to start doing this like 5+ years ago.

5 Likes

So a 16 or 17 year old will need a refund? The twitter link I posted did not say. Are they carding anyone that looks under 25?

Updated my typo above.

1 Like

Funny how I did remember the first thing I read but not what I postedā€¦.

3 Likes

The way I understand it, a person 17 & younger will be able to stay inside the parks after 9pm. Once they get into CityWalk theyā€™ll need to be supervised or on their way home - if they are staying off-site. This policy is for CityWalk only

IME - Security will most like only be enforcing it on ā€œgroups / packsā€ of young people that are loitering in common areas and getting loud / rowdy. Itā€™s a way to be able to ask whomever they want to leave a with an ā€œofficial reasonā€ for doing soā€¦ Right now ā€œloiteringā€ is allowed/tolerated and thereā€™s no policy against it. This is a way for security to send away those local kids that just hang out all night looking for trouble.

3 Likes

I was just reviewing photos from last yearā€™s event and honestly many groups could be 14 year olds or 18 year olds. As someone that is around 1300 12-14 year olds every day, I canā€™t imagine this. The steam of ticket holders arriving at 10 and 11pm is crazy some nights.

4 Likes