Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Harry’s is definitely the 31st.

I only found out about George because apparently he was born in 2022!!

6 Likes

ohhh, I didn’t know (or remember) the exact date. Now I know :wink:

2 Likes

I know it’s not a “Mummy” update this morning, but Universal has said that the Summer Tribute Store, featuring the 80’s movies & rides of Universal, will be closing up on next Monday - Aug. 7th.

(Just in time to prep for the Halloween Tribute Store!)

Although…the app no longer lists Revenge of the Mummy as “closed” as of this morning!

3 Likes

Good catch! I see the same thing.

1 Like

I feel confident it will be open for my next trip - in 16 days!!

I’m just “on edge” as before riding Hagrid’s this was my favorite ride at Universal. (Really, one of my all-time favorites anywhere!)

There’s really be a big “hole” at USF with it being closed for so long!

I won’t be surprised for a “soft opening” any time now and an “official” opening this weekend / next Monday. (100% my own speculation)

5 Likes

Mummy Watch - Tues 8/2/22

TM’s are installing the ride photo sales POS as of late yesterday… We’re soooo close!!

6 Likes

@darkmite2, it amuses me to see you so excited about Universal. You are the poster child of converts from Disney to Universal.

7 Likes

Thanks! I miss having daily WDW podcasts and such to stay engaged. There are only a few UOR podcasts / YT channels. However, I see all the “drama” every day about how hard it is to have a WDW vacation. I love planning, but all the hoops you have to jump through have turned me off! I still listen to Disney Dish on Mondays, but that’s really all. I’m just not interested anymore

Plus, by the end of the year, I will have spend about six weeks at Universal at all three parks. My DD20 will have gone for 10 days and my wife for 7 days. All of this for a total price of about $6K. I have paid that much in the past for 7 - 10 days at WDW.

I don’t know when I’m going back to Disney. I have my Disney Visa with about $1,500 in “points” already on it. Those points don’t expire until mid-2024. I’ll build them up and go at some point. (probably to Disneyland though)

I don’t think I can renew my UOR AP in 2023. I have other things / projects I want to spend my disposable funds on. However, I will definitely get another UO AP in 2026 after Epic has opened.

UOR is having a record year in attendance and profit. It’s really not hard to see why!

8 Likes

Big news for those that have a dairy free diet.

8 Likes

I’m glad I can tolerate dairy b/c I’m not sure how the BB would be w/o the foamy topping :face_with_monocle: :beer:

6 Likes

Would surely be better than none at all :wink:

2 Likes

How does it taste? I’m sort of scared to try it but also intrigued.

1 Like

Admittedly, without the foam, it wouldn’t be nearly as good. I m just shocked you couldn’t order without the foam before now.

2 Likes

It was something that JK Rowling didn’t allow to be changed. They must have coaxed her so more people could try.

2 Likes

HRRR going down 8/21-8/25 for some work.

4 Likes

Bummer dude. That’s the week we are there. For our very first time.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll be there the week before! I like HRRR and would be sad if it was down! Still waiting on Mummy updates!!!

1 Like

You’re not missing anything it’s their worst coaster imho.

4 Likes

Agree. And thanks for the article:

3 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

I love RRR.

Hulk is my least favourite.

4 Likes