Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

It’ll be a good activity for people coming into Universal mid-day that may not want to start with a half day in the parks. I’m in love with CityWalk, but it definitely needs more “to do”. I can only walk around drinking, eating and shopping for so long!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

We did manage to do the Void last trip. Joe asked for it again this year but he is out of luck!

1 Like

Tough call but BttF first!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I know @gingerSnaps543222 just ate here.

4 Likes

Yes, the tapas were delicious…I was probably early covid (no cough/congestion yet but I was exhausted) so I didn’t drink anything though, therefore, I cannot comment on the liquor which I’m sure is fantastic! I didn’t like the bread pudding. It was too weird for me.

I tried the pollo con arroz and the tequenos. I personally preferred the tequenos of those two dishes but they are richer. So if you want something less heavy the chicken and rice is a better bet. Both were good! However, the empanadas were my favorite (I took a bite of hubbys)

3 Likes
4 Likes

https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/1547576918114910209

4 Likes

I cannot wait to do this on our next trip. Bring on Donkey!

1 Like

Jon Self has written for Touring Plans. I thought this podcast episode was very informative. Mostly on CityWalk and Resort Restaurants:

4 Likes

It was a great episode! He makes a great point about QS quality declining the later in the day that I hadn’t considered. Upon reflection, I totally agree!

3 Likes

I will definitely be checking out more of his blogs. He should do some Vlogs.

2 Likes

I’ll guess that the best workers and managers work daytime. Maybe more inexperienced TM’s work later at night. Thoughts?

1 Like

We did a fair mix of lunch and dinner QSs. I never noticed any difference in either quality or service, but there weren’t many places we revisited to compare directly.

2 Likes

IME - It gets busier at dinner and after park close. A lot of places are pumping out food as fast as they can. That can make quality inconsistent.

4 Likes

Oof

That seems more intentional rather than just not doing a good job. :confused:

:thinking:

2 Likes

I know it’s not an “actual” update, but Universal just put up this Mummy teaser about 5 minutes ago… Closest thing to an “announcement” they’ve put out about Mummy. The banners really go “all-in” on the Museum aspect of the story and not the movie. (I’m one of the ppl that wants the “coffee” gone…Sorry, but not really!)

5 Likes

I agree.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes