Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I do my reports when I get back. That’s fine too! We’ll enjoy reading it whenever you do it.

3 Likes

Credit to @rctmsu2000 for the blog topic, I believe @josephmatt ?

6 Likes

Yes! @rctmsu2000 would you like me to credit you in the post?

3 Likes

Nah, that’s not necessary. Thanks for asking, though!

2 Likes

This is exciting! We leave in three weeks and this information is really needed. Thank you!

1 Like

Be prepared - it’s not a perfect system.
If you do a mobile order they still need to talk to you in person before they make it. But it helps a lot to narrow down eateries first.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good to know! I heard that mobile ordering isn’t as good as WDW because you have to wait the normal amount anyway. I was going to skip mobile ordering but now I feel even better about it.

You do have to wait the normal amount anyway if you have allergen notes.

2 Likes
5 Likes

…meanwhile… Disney has determined the new sleep schedule for their guests 12:01-6:55, standby lines grow longer to accommodate LL, and Chapek gets a BIG fat bonus while sleeping in. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :expressionless:

12 Likes

LOL

4 Likes

I totally lifted that from @OBNurseNH :rofl:

2 Likes

Well actually Len said it on the podcast ;essentially)

4 Likes

This could have been posted in a couple places, but since Universal made the #1 spot I’m putting it here. Plus, I really didn’t that Confisco Grille is that good! Should I make time to try it? The menu looks good, but I get nervous that a theme park restaurant can actually do that many different things well.

2 Likes

It’s on my list to try. The tuna nachos are supposed to be out of this world. I suggest doing lunch there but just getting an appetizer like the nachos.

2 Likes

I saw that DIS video review too!

September will probably be my only “window” to try it this year. My DD20 might be into it in when we go. I’m REALLY trying to not plan much at all for those trips. I want my family to see that a theme park can be relaxing. (We just have to get me an AP and I need to go a lot first!! :rofl:)

3 Likes

I did not see that video. I’ve heard about the nachos from listening to podcasts.

Check it out!

4 Likes

We added Confisco Grille for our trip next month for lunch-- the menu looks decent (especially since I’m gluten-free and a lot of their menu they can make gluten free). Also, the prices look very affordable, even moreso with the AP discount. Sticking with appetizers or lunch options, it doesn’t appear to cost much more than quick service for us…especially since they offer a kids menu and most of the QS places don’t have kids menus. (The likelihood that both of my girls would agree on an adult meal and split it are slim to none.)

It’s reserved air conditioning with a meal at a decent price.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to hear about it!

1 Like