Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

The report is misleading based on what you’ve said. There are (new) signs that indicate that the left person gets the sidecar and the right person gets the bike, but these are not separate lines that you choose. When your pair or four or whatever is let through it helps you and your party figure out where they should stand. You’re still going to end up with half of you getting the bike and half the sidecar. I assume it helps with faster loading and avoids people making a decision on the moving platform.

12 Likes

It also enabled me to establish that I would be the bike rider when I was paired with someone from the single-rider line. I assertively moved to the right-hand lane.

10 Likes

:+1:

As one should.

5 Likes

Thanks! After I questioned the post a couple other people said similar things! Looks like my “patented solo rider motorbike obtaining method” is now posted on the walls now!

I’ll make sure I’m still on the “outside / right” side of the lane when we go around that corner!!

2 Likes

Minions cafe was definitely open and busy. I didn’t eat there and it looked cute. And wow is there no shade at the parks compared to Disney. We are done!

4 Likes

heard “a few weeks”. seems it’s kitchen refurb and rebuilt due to… issues.

3 Likes

Following up on the projected attendance figures. Seth Kubersky has shared that his sources are saying that at the current rate, Universal will surpass Disney World in attendance by 2030. This lines up with @len 's source saying 2029.

Still hard to believe that it could actually happen, but just sharing this for you all.

Keep in mind though, that Epic Universe will (eventually) have a higher capacity than the Magic Kingdom.

7 Likes

I need some serious sources on that EU has more capacity than MK. Plus Epcot can theoretically hold everyone visiting a Universal park in one day at a time.

I think what Disney found out was something Universal has figured out for decades - the optimum theme park attendance for a major park is around 10-12 mill a year.

3 Likes

This is a good point. Having more land doesn’t necessarily mean more capacity, since that would be more a function of attraction capacity.

3 Likes

The capacity projections aren’t out yet for EU. I know the MK capacity isn’t even clear, but it’s thought to be 85,000-100,000. Great point. Acreage isn’t indicative of capacity.

You’re probably right, at least initially. But the 3 planned expansion pads at EU will make a difference. See below

EU will have less attractions than MK, but there may be more rides with a higher capacity, proportionally. Will be interesting to find out details.

Of course there is another 100 acre expansion pad at EU, as part of the longer term plan.

4 Likes

MK and DL are just unique beasts built up over 50 years with tons of rides. I just don’t see Universal building a park that aims for 20 million guests a year, it’s just not their jam.

3 Likes

VCON Update… Sorry in advance as the ride is still not ready…

Like the Bourne Stuntacular and Jurassic World, you can now get your own badge for VCON!

(I am going to get a JW ID Badge this next trip. It’s the only souvenir I regret not getting.)

5 Likes

OMG!!! It’s happening!!! Universal has added back the buy an AP get 3 months free!!!

Why does this happen after I bought my pass???!!??

11 Likes

Gosh! So, that means you get 15 months for this price? Which starts when you activate? :thinking:

Yes! If you buy it today. The 15 months don’t start until your first day at the parks…

I am going to call to verify if my purchased AP, but not yet used can qualify. It’s my assumption that the additional months will be coded into the pass at time of purchase.

4 Likes

That’s big news! Thanks for sharing

4 Likes

I was just saying the other day I that I didn’t believe this discount would ever return! I’m happy to be wrong! Look like UOR is really wanting to get as many people interested before Epic opens!

4 Likes

My procrastination has finally paid off! Now I’ll be able to cover two August trips with one pass. Thanks for sharing the news and I hope they can give you the deal.

4 Likes

oh man! I’m going to need to rethink some things!!! I’m now considering going in on APs instead the promo deal that i booked bc this would mean my next year’s park days before horror nights would be free! ah! I need to run the numbers with purchasing APs and what i would get as a discount on rooms…

4 Likes

I guess UOR is starting to see softening demand, same as Disney.

3 Likes