Universal is SO CHEAP right now!

I checked today and AP room rates went down AGAIN today. Called and got our reservation updated. We now have 5 days in December for $784 total at Royal Pacific. Holy cow! That is cheaper than the cost of Express Passes by themselves! Can’t wait to go and hope all is running smoothly still in December.

10 Likes

WOW. We will be there in a couple of weeks. I’d looked onsite first and the AP rates for Royal Pacific were 250+ a night. So, I went with Drury Inn for $604 including tax for 8 nights. But, if I’d seen $150 a night at RP, I would have gone with that.

We’ll be there for a week, and might add Volcano Bay to our pass. We have to drag DD out of lazy rivers. so Express Passes have less value for us this trip. Now if Hagrid’s was included … :slight_smile:

I just checked priceline to see if they had a better deal since we are so close. They wanted even more there.

1 Like

Wow! I don’t have a trip planned, but part of me is tempted to try to cobble one together simply out of fear that I’m not sure how long Universal is going to last at this rate and I want to try to get in another visit. On the flip side, I had a fantastic, everything was open, mask free trip last December, and am thinking maybe that’s the best memory to keep. Decisions, decisions. :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s a great price for 8 nights! I’m sure you guys will have a great time there!

1 Like

Yes, that is a tough one @rebeecky! We have a similar situation with Disney. We had a splurge WDW trip in January. We are tempted to go now because of the low crowds, but ultimately we will probably wait until our planned schedule of late 2021/early 2022 for our next WDW trip.

But also, Universal is such a cheap trip in general when compared to Disney World.
We also got the 3 extra months free when we bought our Universal AP’s… so lots of discounts right now.

2 Likes

For those with annual passes already, and who can drive, I see Universal as a great idea.
I’d had a 3-day board game convention for just me planned for April. Obviously didn’t happen. The three of us are doing a week at Universal for less than that, not including gas and food. Even then Drury Inn includes free hot breakfast and dinner. So, extra food costs won’t be much more.

lindsayvrsmith, we also have/had a Jan 2021 once-in-a-lifetime trip planned. Won’t happen if masks are still required. Don’t know when it will happen since fall 2021 is their big anniversary hoopla.

I have no problem going to Universal while wearing a mask, because it is so cheap and we’ve been before. Disney is expensive and we’ve never been. Also a big part of Disney (for us) would be the character interactions, which aren’t happening.

One thing I think people need to check for in hotels stays for more than a day or two. Do they have washer and dryers? People sweat in their masks.

2 Likes

I’m just going to hand-wash my masks. Not as “sanitary” as using a machine, but I prefer to hand wash them in general so they don’t get too beat up.

3 Likes

My concern is drying them. I plan on bringing Woolite. On one hand, hang-drying might take awhile because of the humidity. But, then inside, that shouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

I bet they’ll dry okay overnight. If not, you could gently dry with a hair dryer in the morning?

2 Likes