Universal is eating Disney's lunch

What did Undercover Tourist day about refunding your ticket? Or using the money to add on days to your current ticket?

:cry:

They told me i had to call Disney (which I did) and Disney told me that I had to wait until Jan 1, 2021 to change it but to call back then and they would change itā€¦they would apply the value of the ticket to my 3 others tickets (i have 3 adult 6 day tickets and they are making it a 7 day) and would allow me to use the balance to purchase something else which i am going to buy water park ticketā€¦

2 Likes

Iiiiinteresting. That opens up a bunch of options in my mind. I have 8-day tickets that we didnā€™t use this past March. Weā€™d been mulling adding on some Universal days when we reschedule, but those 8-day tickets really felt locked in. I have some 3-day tickets sitting around for future travel. If I could move a couple of days to those tickets, we might actually do Universal. (Even at a 2-for-1 swap, itā€™s probably a good exchange for us)

Very interesting! Do you know if you have to purchase a ticket with the balance, or is it gift card money you could spend on merch/foo?

Well, I would have to disagree. I was at UOR on Monday and spent Wednesday and Thursday at MK and AK. I didnā€™t notice anything that I thought was done better at UOR. The price is better, but hasnā€™t it always been that way? Honestly, I would not go back to UOR except for WWHP. Maybe Iā€™m just not a fan. But even with reduced offerings I feel like Disney is a better experience for me.

2 Likes

You see now why I just came over to meet you, ride Hagrids, watch Bourne and get a butterbeer? I like it, but donā€™t love it like Disney.
Of course you have 4 days left on your ticket, so I guess you will be going back (for a day or two plus Disney, right?)

4 Likes

Yes, definitely! But Iā€™m wondering about what ticket to buy her as four days might be too much. Of course itā€™s buy two, get three free so that still will probably be what we get.

1 Like

Disney offers a better military discount than universal. In comparison

We got a great military rate at HRH for October and I thought the ticket deal was wonderful too.

1 Like

The past few years theyā€™ve had 4 dayā€™s for 2. Which is pretty good.

I asked for a gift card and they said they could not issue a gift card but I could use the money towards purchase of another ticket (so I got water park since we didnā€™t have them yet)

1 Like

We donā€™t have any kids. After eliminating the rides that will make me sick and those that get you wet, thereā€™s very little for me at Universal. I can find plenty to do at WDW. We were planning our first California DL resort trip once the Avengers Campus opened. Guess weā€™ll be waiting a while.

3 Likes

I am currently considering ditching my Pop reservation in April and switching to Sapphire Falls. SF is not only much nicer than Pop, itā€™s also cheaper. And you can walk to the UOR parks and City Walk. And you are guaranteed entry to the parks. As a UOR AP, visiting the parks costs me nothing.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never stayed at SF, but I have stayed at POP and wouldnā€™t ever again. Many like it though. You make some really good points about walking, getting into parks etc. I hope you will be cleared to fly in April.

1 Like

Iā€™ve stayed there twice. Itā€™s fine. The main features are: itā€™s (relatively) cheap, and itā€™s on the Skyliner. Right now there are no other perks for staying on property.

The skyliner is a plus but I thought the room layouts were too tight. If Iā€™m going to stay in a cheap room Iā€™ll take All Star Movies for their over the top theming. But I think they are remodeling all value resorts to have queen beds with one being a Murphy bed which will make them all seem that much smaller and cramped. Now, AoA seemed lovelyā€¦ the pool area especially, I might put up with a cramped room for that themed pool.

BTW: Nice to see you here, itā€™s been a while.

1 Like

Theyā€™re fine for me on my own. Though I preferred the room I had at CSR ā€” basically the same, but just that much bigger.

Iā€™d like to try those. Well, the refurbished ones.

Thatā€™s not refurbished, I think? I hate the old style rooms.

Thanks. Iā€™ve been inexplicably busy.

1 Like

CSR is one of our favs. The rooms are set up more for business/convention visitors and the quiet pools are lovely.

2 Likes

That is a plus for me. We sleep on a King. A Queen is fine. But, about once a night I roll out of bed when sleeping in a Double. That is a horrible way to wake up.

2 Likes