Universal dining queries

We would love to see the inside of the Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks but I don’t feel very inspired by the menus and it all looks quite expensive. Can you look inside the restaurants without eating there? Or can you pop in outside peak meal times just for a drink?

My family can be quite a challenging lot to feed. I’m leaning towards the Fast Food Boulevard for a lunch in the parks as it seems to offer things they’ll eat and will share, it also offers mobile ordering which I hope will save us on some queuing time. I’m interested in Lisa’s Teahouse as it looks like there are some good veggie options, it looks like it’s grab and go pre-made items. Will it “work” if I pre-order the hot food for everyone else and then pick something for myself from here or are they in separate areas and I’ll end up in two big queues rather than one?! Hope that sort of makes sense…

Yes. You can just look inside. Neither is a table-service eatery. So step in, look, and step out.

We ate at Three Broomsticks. The food was meh. I had the pasties. Blandest things I think I’ve ever had at any amusement park. I forced myself to finish them. But the Turkey leg one of my family got was good.

1 Like

I think I’ve read your review of them somewhere! And you’re not alone in your verdict on here and other forums :joy:

It just looked pretty expensive and not very inspiring! But it might be nice to stop by for a drink later in the afternoon.

We like Leaky Cauldron for a late breakfast. At IOA the Hogs Head is attached to 3 Broomsticks so it’s easy to go in there for a drink and look in and there’s not usually a queue unlike the butterbeer carts outside. But seating is very limited.

1 Like

The food is not good and a poor interpretation of British food, but the scenery in the restaurants and loos are worth seeing, so maybe wander around or just buy a drink.

2 Likes

You mean they set a very low bar and still failed to clear it? :wink:

1 Like

Good British pub classics are delicious! But fish or shepherd’s pie are not the kind of thing I think I’d want to eat while going on lots of rides in the heat… I make fairly good versions of this sort of stuff myself so don’t really want to pay high prices to eat someone else’s inferior version :joy:

2 Likes

Rose and Crown at Epcot is the same.

1 Like

I can’t bring myself to eat ‘English’ food on holiday. We tried the HP ones when they first opened but only because they were included in a package and to see inside. But then I would ever eat Chinese food in Greece☺.

1 Like

We love Raglan Road, the food is amazing there. But in general I agree.

1 Like

This is one time I am glad I am not British. I actually really like the shepard’s pie and would be sad if I no longer had an excuse to eat there. :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmmm…you like the shepherds pie but is it a shepherds pie?:wink: Until you come over and try one, you will never know :slight_smile:. They are actually really easy to make. Shall I pm you a recipe?

It is probably NOT a shepherd’s pie! My mom used to make “shepherd’s pie” growing up as well, but who knows what that was? And yes, if you can PM me a recipe, I would love it! And if and when I ever make it across the pond, I am coming over for dinner. :smile:

1 Like

I seriously doubt it, as that would mean that it was lamb and not beef.

2 Likes

We bought frozen butterbeer on Sunday and they wouldn’t let us sit inside even though they were plenty of empty tables. My husband and I enjoyed the fish and chips.

1 Like