Universal Addict's Very Merry Grinchmas & Jolly Birthday

That’s so nice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That sounds so fun! But I usually need at least 5 minutes to get my sea legs back under me. :rofl:

1 Like

They are so sweet!! I rode it 6 times and they gave me some Express Passes as a birthday gift!!

17 Likes

I rode JPRA and got way more soaked than usual! They don’t heat that water!! :laughing::laughing:

Decided to check out Hogsmeade. It was an hour before the first castle show and the barriers closing off the bridge from Jurassic Park to Hogsmeade were starting to go up. The stanchions routing traffic in the area were in place lining the route to the castle.

HE was posted at 35 minutes and the Macy’s parade was in about 20 minutes. I used one of the UXP to get on board in 10 minutes.

I made it to the middle of the park near F&F and the lagoon as the parade started it route. I could’ve found a spot around Starbucks or go to the AP viewing spot by Mel’s pretty easily. People were all in the area, but not packed

I chose to walk down to Mummy and managed to slip into a spot near the rope. I wanted to see the tree lighting finale.

However, if you are with a group and want to be in that area you should get there about 30 minutes early

9 Likes

I can see.

1 Like

It’s time for dinner at The Palm inside HRH.

It’s very posh & what I hoped for! I’ve orderef a lemon drop…it has dill & cucumber in it. It’s surprisingly refreshing!

13 Likes

Oh! I can’t wait to hear how you like it. I went to BICE on Sunday and I will go back there again.

5 Likes

They bring out a basket of four breads. Traditional roll, Pretzel, toasted cheddar and cranberry walnut.

They are all good, but the Pretzel is the winner by far! I had them bring me a basket of just that.

I ordered lobster bisque to start. It’s one of he best I have had!! They bring you a bowl of fresh lobster and pour hot bisque on top.

The steak was really good and true Prime steak.

The shrimp rositto was perfect. Creamy and FULL of shrimp.

I ordered a second drink, a blood orange Margarita. It comes with a spicy rim. I don’t like tajin or chamoy. So they gave it a standard salt rim instead…soooo good.

My server was incredibly attentive! As a matter of fact the entire staff was great. I was checked in on by the manager and others. Many people came by, unprompted, just to say “Happy Birthday”

Highly recommend!

(Total with tax & 35% tip = $175)

I got a $25 discount using my Landry’s Club card so I over tipped

My only problem is now I an so stuffed and I need to walk back to CityWalk to get a bus home…

I may pay the $10- $12 for a Lyft as walking may make me explode!

13 Likes

I took the Lyft back, but I am done… I have just enough energy to shower & pass out!

Good night y’all!!

Thanks again for all the Birthday wishes!

13 Likes

Happy Birthday! :tada::birthday::balloon:
Looks like it was fun!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! (It’s not quite midnight…)

I should have posted far earlier today, but after last night’s very late night (yeah, me too), I got a late start then kept very busy. I’m glad you had a great day! It was so much fun to meet you in person. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Hope your day was as amazing as you!!

3 Likes

I didn’t sleep well… as when I over eat not only do I get a tummy ache I also “overheat”.

The AC at Dockside is always “meh” and couldn’t keep up with my body temp. (At home I go upstairs to our bonus room with its own AC and crank it to almost Artic evels of cold when this happens!! :innocent:)

Today is WWOHP day!!

Not sleeping great meant I chose to skip EPA & RD Diagon at USF instead.

UNTIL…

I FORGOT TODAY WAS CHECK-OUT MORNING!

I had made a few hotel reservations for my solo trip before Emily was able to join me. I confused my solo department days and her arrival!

I SCRAMBLED to throw everything in my bags & get over to CBBR.

Thankfully, my Lyft was literally dropping off someone right as I ordered it. It was instantaneous! My room at CBBR isn’t ready. (I didn’t expect it to be this early) However, there was no queue at the check-in desk or luggage services so I got my keys and dropped my bags pretty quickly.

I was a bit frazzled for a bit, but now that it’s all settled and I’m on the bus to CityWalk I’m all good! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m not too “off plan”… this is the time I was scheduled to leave IOA if I had done EPA / Hagrid’s. So, I am almost where I wanted to be by when I decided to skip EPA.

My goals today are to see all rhe WWOHP Christmas shows.

I’m at the CityWalk security. It’s very busy at 10am…(one hour after park open)

I “solo snaked” my way around and got done in about 2 minutes

Next stop Diagon Alley!

FYI - It’s cold enough today that I’m grateful to be wearing a Wizarding robe!! :cold_face:

Getting to the Entry taps is rough. The crowds are massive even with most of the taps open.

Took 15 minutes to get into the parks

12 Likes

Hard to believe! I’ve been catching up on TRs where people are talking about the heat. Florida can’t make up its mind.

2 Likes

It is just trying to be like the rest of the country. :smiley: We had snow a week ago (Michigan), but this week we’re hitting the mid 50s!

4 Likes

It’s definitely a HOT Butterbeer day!

4 Likes

Watched Celestina & The Banshees, grabbed a hot butterbeer, watched The Tales of Beedle the Bard and rode Grigotts.

I used the UXP from my friends at Doom from yesterday. Those tickets are only valid on the date issued - which I am aware.

However, I turned on the Muggle charm and they let me use it today anyway!

I’m about to enter the Olivander’s show

12 Likes

I rode the HE to Hogsmeade since it only had a 10 minute wait. Diagon Alley was pretty busy and I want to be in Hogsmeade for the shows.

Single Rider is open so I am going to try it with a posted standby of 75 minutes. I did set a TP timer to see how it goes. I have been in the queue for about 35 minutes. I am in the stairwell portion of the queue after a long wait outside.

So many people are line jumping by “joining” with people already on the Single Rider queue. I dislike it when people do it in standby, but I HATE it in Single Rider…:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Hope it’s not too long. The other week someone submitted an actual wait in the Hagrid’s SR line that was the same as the posted wait :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yea…They had TMs saying SR wasn’t guaranteed to be faster as you enter the queue…

I really know better, but sometimes I can’t resist an experiment. Plus, I had a chunk of time until The Frog Choir comes back from their mid-day break.

5 Likes