Universal Addict's Very Merry Grinchmas & Jolly Birthday

Play clip to hear Larry talk to Rick! :grin:

10 Likes

You’re both famous!!

5 Likes

:exclamation:

Amazing! :rofl: Love it.

4 Likes

I got my bags from luggage services and unpacked before Emily arrives.

I was able to use the “hack” I saw posted in the Disney forums to “unlock” the thermostat to get it cooler than what it “thinks” is 65°F

Booking a family suite was $75 / night cheaper than a standard room. It’s cute, but tight on space for a suite. I do love the bathroom set-up with 2 sinks and separate toilet

It’s in the Thunderbird section and has an exterior door. It feels like a shorter walk than where I have stayed before each time. (Americana) There’s no science to back it up.

The hotel’s holiday decor is all silver tinsel. Which is my favorite. I know some people don’t care for it and prefer red & green

The sun is setting so I grabbed a hoodie as there’s a chill tonight. I’m off to get a Hagrid’s night ride and maybe see the Castle Projection Show.

After, I may try to get some dinner & the birthday dessert I couldn’t fit in my belly last night.

10 Likes

I always like a challenge! That’s two RixFlix videos I’m a Star in! :rofl:

3 Likes

There’s only two metal detector operating? I know it’s a weeknight, that’s still too few…

Weird…:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

I just saved a group of young adults out on a date night from going to Bubba Gump’s :rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent:

7 Likes

I got to Hogsmeade about 5 minutes before 6pm.

The holding area was totally full. So, either get here 20 - 30 early or catch a later show.

However, there’s a “hack”…

If you get to Hogsmeade and find it filled for the show they have access to Forbidden Journey and Hippogriff.

They have chain link stanchions lining Hogsmeade. You are directed to the right to see the show. You go to the left and past the show crowds to get to FJ.

You can go the Hippogriff entry / FJ exit and catch the show from there with extremely low crowds. The downside is you’ll see about 80% of the Castle. It still looks great to me.

10 Likes

That view actually looks better than some others I’ve seen.

5 Likes

I really like it there and have gone there before.

However, while it’s not breaking any rules it isn’t the “proper” way to do it. I do get some people who have disliked that I do things that are in the “gray” area of the rules / unconventional.

Got a motorbike seat and waited 45 minutes for a posted 65 minutes.

The single rider they paired me with said he waited more than an hour

6 Likes

I was going to try the seasonal Christmas shake at Toothsome’s as it’s coconut this year.

However, while in queue for it I read a review fromt a source I trust says it’s extremely bland

I’m going to save the $17. I’ve had the Toothsome’s shake experience before. They are fine, but mostly make for a good photo.

Decided to mobile order from Breadbox Handcrafted Sandwiches. It’s a place I like and recommend. I regretted not trying the Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich at HHN. Living so close to Nashville I can be picky about Hot Chicken, but I haven’t ever had anything from here that wasn’t good.

5 Likes

I was going to try the seasonal Christmas shake at Toothsome’s as it’s coconut flavored this year.

However, while in queue for it I read a review fromt a source I trust says it’s extremely bland

I’m going to save the $17. I’ve had the Toothsome’s shake experience before. They are fine, but mostly make for a good photo.

Decided to mobile order from Breadbox Handcrafted Sandwiches. It’s a place I like and recommend. I regretted not trying the Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich at HHN. Living so close to Nashville I can be picky about Hot Chicken, but I haven’t ever had anything from here that wasn’t good.

It’s humongous! The flavor is good. It’s more of a Buffalo chicken than Nashville. I enjoyed it alot. Maybe not my new “go to”, but in the rotation.

It’s extremely messy as the coleslaw soakes the bread completely. After one bite I knew it I needed my blue latex gloves! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I still wanted ice cream. Since I had already stopped at one of my “go to” eateries for dinner, I stopped at my “go to” ice cream.

10 Likes

I tried to heart this but I was staring at the photo and just couldn’t.

2 Likes

I love it! It’s like eating an entire red velvet cake in each bite. I’ve got to remind myself not to over eat two nights in a row!! :rofl::rofl:

Thankfully, I got to the bus pickup before I ate all of it. I know you can bring to-go food on the bus, but I wasn’t sure about an open cup of ice cream.

I still ate like 90% of it as I shoveled it in my face before throwing the rest away before boarding :innocent:

I know Cold Stone is just a national chain, but we don’t have them at home!

6 Likes

The rest of my night is doing laundry and trying to stay awake until Emily arrives around midnight.

Her departing flight was on time - Thankfully!

7 Likes

I was talking about the godawful mess sandwich. (The ice cream looks good!)

6 Likes

Does she know about the Express Passes you’ve scored yet?

4 Likes

Yeah…I told her today when she called to verify her flight & such were all going to schedule.

She’s so excited!

Thanks soooo much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@OrlandoGirl357

Let me know if I have taken too many pictures at any time! I have tried to be sparing, but know I have taken quite a few!!

2 Likes

Take all the photos you want. I have no limit on the number of photos.

Right now I have about 600 photos in the account.

3 Likes