Universal 2021 Military (and DOD?) Passes

Talked to the ITT office at Patrick AFB, FL today and they have the Freedom tickets and told me that Universal wasn’t holding it to a 6 ticket limit b/c they don’t track the member ID number. So as long as you don’t take more than 6 tickets to one window for activation, at one time, you could get more. So even though the description says ‘limit of 6’ they don’t track it to enforce it.

Also you can purchase via email w/ them at no extra charge. Since tickets are electronic they can do them via email & phone. Tickets And Travel - 45th Force Support Squadron (gopatrickfl.com)

1 Like

As former AF and current DoD civilian Ive made a few calls as well about this. My closest MWR office (Scott AFB) specifically calls out DoD civ as included as do about a half dozen other AF and Army bases I’ve looked at. I’ve seen one source that says they are not.

1 Like

Patrick AFB ITT office said the wording on the tickets was directly from universal. I’m calling universal tomorrow too.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the link. From that page, it seems like DoD civilians are not included. However clicking the link on that page http://www.universalorlando.com/military sends you to their ‘Military Ticket Deals and Specials’ page where it clearly states the following:

Eligible Service Members

• Active Duty (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reservists) and spouses
  • Retired Military service members and spouses
  • Department of Defense Civilians

This would seem to indicate DoD Civilians are ultimately allowed. Now, I would definitely screenshot both pages before I purchased passes and showed up at Universal’s doorstep… I personally will wait a little while before purchasing these giving myself a little more time for this to shake out. I’d love to hear a success story before committing.

…And as of 27 Jan militarydisneytips has updated his post on this:

He concurs that DoD civilians are included. I think this assuages my reticence enough to purchase…

However, I’d still love for you civilians to chime in if you have a first hand tale of how UOR welcomed your Freedom Pass with open arms.

3 Likes

UPDATE
And just like that Military Disney Tips updates their site to say DoD civilians are NOT being allowed to redeem the passes at Universal. I’m glad I didn’t purchase them yet.

Oh dear. Well I’m glad you didn’t spend the money too since they are usually non refundable

1 Like

I think I still will purchase the passes. I’m going to screenshot Universal’s page which seems to indicate civilians are included. I’ll also screenshot site from where I purchase passes. Then I’ll try to redeem in a Universal resort lobby the day before going. I’ll be ready to pay the difference between tickets and passes should Universal deny their own site’s language. Military Disney Tips site indicates should be able to do that (pay the diff). Does anyone else think that’s how Universal will handle it?

2 Likes

That would seem reasonable. Good luck

1 Like

Universal has been saying they will not be selling these at the gate and you must purchase through a military travel agency of some sort. I’m not familiar with this process so I’d research into it.

1 Like

You can buy them at Shades of Green or any base ITT office. You’ll have to have a military ID to buy them.

1 Like

Fingers crossed. Grabbed our Disney tix and UOR Freedom passes today.

1 Like

I just started looking into a UOR trip and found these passes on the Universal Site. I am a DOD civilian…looks like a great deal! Their website still says it is for DoD civilians. When will you be testing them out?

1 Like

Our trip is in mid-April. I’ll post back.

Welcome to the forum and have fun in March

1 Like

Any updates? Were you able to use the freedom passes?? Thanks

1 Like

Awesome. And to clarify, you were using them as a civilian, correct?

1 Like

Redeemed them today just fine at Hard Rock Hotel on way to USF.

3 Likes

I was able to redeem them as a civilian just fine at Royal Pacific this past weekend.

2 Likes