Undercover Tourist-Any Drawbacks?

Our family is taking our first trip to Disneyland this summer. We’ve been to WDW many times, but this will be our first trip out West. When going to WDW, we stay on property, so I wait for Disney to run a package special and buy our tickets directly from them. For this trip, we will be staying at a good neighbor hotel right across the street from the parks, so we only need to purchase our tickets. We want 4 day Hopper tickets with Genie+ added on-there will be 5 of us going. I priced tickets directly from Disney, but then decided to check out some discount sites to compare-I’ve never purchased from any of these sites before, so I have no experience with this. I can save over $260 if I buy from Undercover Tourist. I’ve read that this is a very reliable site–is there any drawback to getting tickets from here rather than ordering direct?? This is an awesome deal, but I just want to make sure I’m not missing something. I’d appreciate input from anyone who’s used them. Thanks!!

3 Likes

I’ve never used them, but know a lot who have & nobody has had any issues with them.

2 Likes

I have always purchased my WDW tickets from UCT. For as long as I can remember. Since I had dial up. I will be buying my DLR tickets from them this week before the sale is over. I have zero misgivings about them whatsoever.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a sale going on-just went to the site and priced what I wanted. How long is the sale going on??

2 Likes

it says 2/13/24 when I look

3 Likes

I second what @QwertySC says about them. The adult for child price is the sale right now. I’ve even used the 365 day return in order to change my tickets to a cheaper price and while it wasn’t completely straight forward it did end up working perfectly.

4 Likes

I have used UT before. They are reputable. I always do the math between UT, BWT (Boardwalk Ticketing), and Disney (subtracting 5% for using discounted Disney Giftcards). Just recently I bought convention tix for DH at a decent discount.
I will buy with whomever of these choices offers the best price. There was some issues with 3rd party tickets with Covid closure but I can’t remember the exact details. That was an extraordinary time though. I would still buy from them if they offer a great discount

I almost always use Undercover Tourist, using the Mousesavers discount. They aren’t always the lowest price, but often are close. I trust them. They sell tickets as refundable (with a very small restocking fee) which some of the other sites don’t have…so if anything happens where you have to cancel your trip, you can get a refund. (I have never needed this.)

Just link the tickets in MDE and you are good to go.

I haven’t used them for DL, but have for UOR and WDW.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! It’s always nice to have some reassurance before trying something new. I think we’ll give Undercover Tourist a try.

4 Likes

Purchased our tickets from Undercover Tourist-they were available immediately (the site said it could take up to 48 hours). I went straight to the Disney Site and linked them, as well as making our park reservations. Everything worked great! Again, thanks to everyone for the advice-we saved a bunch.

5 Likes

:star_struck:

2 Likes

I usually buy my 3 day or more from UT. Gothicrosie on IG often posts a chart with where to get best ticket prices. She hasn’t for a while but usually 2 day best is from Disney with 5% off GC. 3 day & above is best from a company called ARes Travel, that I’m not familiar with. UT is usually no more than $.64 more.

3 Likes

I just purchased mine and within one minute I have my access codes.

1 Like

I have never had a problem with Undercover Tourist & bought our tickets for an upcoming trip this May. When deciding to add the dining plan, I was kind of worried that a room only reservation with tickets not bought from Disney might be a problem. Called and spoke to a CM and was able to add the dining plan with zero problems. We didn’t even lose the discounted price on the room!

2 Likes

The dining plan is tied to the resort reservation. Adding dining plan doesn’t modify the actual room reservation like other discounts do. It’s like adding tickets.

1 Like

I was told we might lose our discounted room if we added the dining plan and that because we had room only, we couldn’t add it. Glad I kept trying.

1 Like

Was that a CM that told you that? I added it for a client 2 weeks ago via phone, no problem. I just paid the difference with their Disney Giftcards. The difference was only the actual cost of the plan.

This is the only part of the “package” that matters. It’s a room only package. And it’s required. Tickets are not.

1 Like

I think the loss of room discount is for free dining plan. The free option requires rack rate for room. I think that’s why I’ve heard many people say it’s often not worth it. You pay it one way or another. I’ve never used the DP, so no personal experience. I’ve done the math, and it’s NEVER worked out for us. It’s worse now for non alcohol drinkers. You really have to order alcohol with every meal to make the numbers worth it. Anyone with a child between 9 & 21 is going to have a hard time making it worth it.

The Dining Plan was amazing when Disney first released it. I got it for your trip so that I don’t ahve to hear my husband complain about the prices, lol. I’ll pay for the tip.