Umbrellas or Ponchos

We just get wet too. If it got horrendously bad, I suppose we’d buy ponchos.

@Thumper14 I’m assuming you don’t go at busy times, it’s hard enough walking down the street at home without either poking someone’s eye out with my umbrella or someone else poking me. I can’t think of anything worse than trying to get through WDW with one.

2 Likes

Compact umbrella, dollar store poncho, vinyl poncho, rain coat rain jacket or nothing at all is all about preference. Pick what works for you.

1 Like

Rainy days tend to thin the crowds. I am also not a crowd lemming and tend to go the other way or hang around the back of the lines.

People always say rainy days thin the crowd, that’s never been my experience - I wish it had! But I guess in summer everyone knows what they’re letting themselves in for.

We picked these up in MK for $49. They seem like they are decent enough quality to last several trips. Our hope is this will be a more long term, cost effective solution as well as be a little greener than a one time use poncho.

Cargo shorts and mandals…
giphy

1 Like

Yep… this.

I use an umbrella for the shade. Just that little bit of relief in the humid summer heat really helps. You really notice it in the noon to 4pm time frame.

I’m rocking an umbrella (button pop-up and down), the fan that goes around your neck, the cool cloth on the neck, and plenty of water.

For rain - ponchos. Buy a bunch of them, use 'em, and like @fixy2273 said, you can recycle them or dry them out, your choice. We bought something similar to THIS on Amazon in a multipack… but there are a bunch of choices.

Unless you plan to wear a big ol’ backpack underneath your poncho, those will work great. You can, of course, always just cover up your backpack in one too if needed.

It’s so much cheaper to buy them before you need them.

2 Likes

Neither! It’s only water!

I would think that only applies to locals. No one that is visiting from out of state is going to stay in their hotel if it is raining.

I think it applies more to winter, if it’s cold and rainy. I was looking to go to the cinema on our upcoming visit (when hopefully it will be warm even if rainy!) and lots of people told me it’s hard to get in to the AMC at DS on a rainy day because people don’t want to be in the parks.

Get something like this. They are so cheap, that you can just throw them out at the end of the day they get used and start a new one the next day.

2 Likes