Ugh, that friggin last day

I’d like to find out how long is too long! It might be that an extra couple of days would be right. But lots of Brits do 3 weeks and I’ve never known anyone say it was too long. Of course, we don’t just do WDW. We do Universal, many of us do SW and BG, some do KSC or the beach…

3 Likes

Agreed, i’d really love to test and see how long is too long for me! My longest trip has only been 6 nights. I plan to do 7 nights for my 2020 trip. But I could totally imagine doing 10-11 nights if I had the money! I mean, I could probably do a whole MONTH if I had the money :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I remember someone saying that they were going to do 3 months for their retirement.

2 Likes

I might consider moving next to WDW when I retire!! But that is likely a very long time from now!

3 Likes

I can imagine 3 months in the world would be too much for me. All thing in moderation. :grinning:

It actually sounded very reasonable to me. He was going to rent an apartment and get a season pass. He talked about visiting all the resorts and doing other things as well (beach, KSC, etc). Not much different than the snowbirds, but instead of an annual thing, it would be once.

2 Likes

Originally it sounded like 3 months at the resorts in the parks etc. That would be too much for me. Now, an apartment nearby? Perhaps that. Sounds similar to people who “live” on cruise ships for a while.

1 Like

We are avoiding the “tragical express” by going to the beach for a few days. I’m hoping the buffer will make it a little less depressing.

4 Likes

That sounds perfect!!!

not soley at the parks, however that is the main component. I agree that 3 months would be too much, but for me, so would 3 weeks.

When we were there in November we noticed some new condos/townhomes as we were leaving HS. :thinking:

I will not take a flight that departs earlier this 10am because a tragical that is earlier than 7am is inhumane in addition to tragical. Also I don’t want to pay Disney rates to sleep and leave; I’d rather fly out late the night prior if it came to it.

We had a 5pm flight once which made for a nice slow resort morning, pool time, and a fabulous lunch before hitting the road.

Our highly preferred flight time is 8:30pm or later. Tragical at 5:30 or so allows for a truly full day in a park of choice; leaving said park at 4:30 or later does not feel hurried in the least. I doze on the flight home. We get on the ground around Midnight and we are minutes from the MHT so we are cozy in bed by 1am. Makes the next day slow going but worth it.

6 Likes

On the last day of a DW trip, I want to work it out so that we’re getting some park time in before heading to the airport, even if it’s just the morning. This is especially valuable for FP reservations - obviously your best shot at those hard to get rides are at the tail-end of a trip.

3 Likes

Today we are leaving and it’s the first early afternoon flight we’ve had. I loved it. We slept until 8ish, had a leisurely breakfast and took time with final packing and hanging out on the balcony before checking out and heading to the airport. All our previous flights have been morning; I like this much better.

5 Likes

We try to leave home on earliest flight and come back on latest direct flight! We make it to parks both days. We DO NOT DO Magical Express on return to airport. We uber.

3 Likes

How far in advance do you leave? I have considered doing this. Our flight leaves at 6:20pm but not sure when would be a good time to leave our hotel (Pop).

1 Like

I’ve considered this. But for me it seems I only get an hour extra AND then have to pay a lot to Uber out, so I’m not sure it’d be a real benefit.

(But totally with you on the earliest/latest flights :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Valid points.

We get to airport an an hour and 20 minutes before flight. ME makes you board them 4 hours early, and we have flown several airlines where we could not check our bags at hotel anyway. Also if you have an early flight, those extra couple hours are very meaningful, for us anyway. We do not feel the need to be in the lobby at 4:30 am for a 9 am flight. Plus uber drops you, and only you, at your destination. It really is just personal preference, and where you want to go that in relation to your hotel.

2 Likes

It’s only 4 hours before for international flights, and they did it for a brief time for domestic flights while there was construction at the airport.

2 Likes