Uber/Lyft from MK at 1AM (after party)

I’m full of crazy ideas lately. I’ll share them all at some point, but for now just one. I’m looking at going to the first Christmas party on Nov 8 after running the Wine and Dine races (6th/7th). To improve the chances DW agrees to let me do that, I’m thinking of moving off-property that night. But I won’t have a car, so will need to use Lyft/Uber to get back to my hotel at 1AM. Is this a real option or will there be no drivers available at that time?

1 Like

I don’t know, but I can tell you that we’ll be in a similar situation after Boo Bash in September (though, that ends at midnight, not 1a). But I can potentially provide an update then. We’re at a DS off-site hotel, so worst case scenario we could take a bus to SS and then walk over.

Not in Orlando, but in most other major cities, you can usually find a lot more available drivers at 1am than you can at 7am, and especially on weekends it’s very easy to find drivers until at least 3am. Of course, Orlando is a strange place, and Disney is not near the heart of downtown where many drivers may be. Plus, there’s a nationwide driver shortage happening on both Uber and Lyft at the moment.

2 Likes

You will probably be able to get one (savvy drivers will make themselves available then), but it might be challenging. I don’t know I’d be keen on it as my go-to plan.

2 Likes

I guess ASM then for a little more. Plus I can DME to the airport in the morning and save on no Uber there.

2 Likes

Just count on premium pricing due to an AH event. I paid $27 for what should have been an $8-$10 ride after Villains in 2020 - just before COVID shutdown. ( Contemporary to CBR.)
Drivers should be readily available with opening of things.

1 Like

Isn’t an after 2 am surcharge? I swear I was up at 3 am trying to price out a uber and was getting outrageous prices. I figure they don’t want vomit in their cars? So price out one in the app in thirty minutes. Plus if they upcharge for events…oooof

1 Like