Uber/Lyft for evening or late airport arrival?

DH has to meet us later on arrival day, and would like to take Uber or Lyft from the airport. We have ues both but haven’t used it in Orlando before. Are there issues with having enough rides available in the evening hours or should he be just fine? (We have EMM the next day and I’d like to avoid keeping the kids up late picking him up. :sleeping::sleeping::grin:

I haven’t ridden there in a couple years, but i would think there wouldn’t be any trouble getting a ride from the airport at night.

I’d suggest checking both in case one has surge pricing to avoid an expensive trip.

1 Like

Both are super easy from MCO. We never take the Magical Express from the airport. It always seems that we end up waiting forever for a bus. It used to be more of a hassle when they kind of hid the ride sharing pick up area in with the limos and what not, but they have changed it to where Lyft or Uber can pick you up right outside the baggage claim. We have arrived at all times of day and there are always plenty available. It should be super easy.

1 Like

Just used Lyft in December with a 5pm landing time. Was great! Frankly we used Lyft often during our stay to get places faster. But the airport to the hotel (AKL) was well worth the cost

Do you remember about how much it was?

Around $50

2 Likes

Thanks.

We did AKL to airport last week and it was $28. But it was about 7:30 a.m., and we did schedule it the night before, so that may have impacted the price. It was worth every penny, and took less than 1/2 hour to get there.

To OP, I’d recommend if he knows when he’s arriving you just schedule the pickup ahead of time if you’re worried about him having to wait around. We took Lyft a LOT on our trip, because we did a couple meals in resorts, and the resort-to-resort transportation is a hassle otherwise. We also decided that for less than 10 bucks, we’d rather not wait in a long line for a bus. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a car to respond. Most drivers we talked to drove for both Uber and Lyft, so I’d just check whatever is cheaper in the respective apps and pick that one!

2 Likes

I’ve never used Lyft. Do they have vehicles with room for 5, like UberXL? Minnie Vans can hold 5, correct?

How does the price of UberXL or the Lyft equivalent compare with a MinnieVan? Not just to the airport but also within the bubble. Thanks!

They have lyft XL that holds 6. We did a Minnie Van a few times with 6 in October. It was before they changed the pricing structure of the Minnie Van and it was just a fun, special thing. Minnie Vans now seem to be pricier than both lyft and Uber so we probably won’t use them next week when we are there. (Note: the Minnie Van drivers we had were super great, knowledgeable, helpful, etc…I just can’t really justify the price)

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I had planned to try to get a Minnie Van for our ride into MK the first morning we’re there- that’d be a fun (and efficient) way to start the trip… but from the sounds of things, I guess probably not something we’d want to repeat.

1 Like

We never spent more than $12 (plus tip) to get anywhere on property via Lyft, and the Minnie Vans were all at least triple that rate. It wasn’t worth the price difference to me, but could be fun for a special treat or if you need carseats.

1 Like