Uber for 7?

We are staying at POR and have breakfast reservations at La Trattoria Al Forno on Disneys Boardwalk. I am thinking my best bet is Uber or Lyft. Is the max 6 on those services or is there ones that can handle my party of 7?

I think uber xl gets you 6 passengers. There’s not many normal vehicles out there that can handle a driver plus 7 passengers.

1 Like

You may want to check at the resort. There are some Mears vans. I am not sure how many passengers they can handle but if they can hold up to 7 it might be cheaper than two Uber or Lyft.

1 Like

It’s a pretty short ride, 2 standard Ubers would be $15 without tip. I’d be surprised if you can get a Mears van to take you for less, but if it’s available go for it.

Hopefully you plan to go to Hollywood Studios or Epcot after so you can easily take Disney transportation after breakfast.

2 Likes

Thank you for the responses. Looks like we will go with 2 Ubers. I think its pretty cheap to do it that way. We are spending the day and night at Epcot so we will just take Disney transportation for the ride back!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if any of the Ubers have car seats? We will have 7 people and 2 of them need car seats. The Minnie vans only take 6 passengers, I think? I wanted to get from POFQ for a 7:30 Cape May breakfast, but cancelled it because the transportation seemed too complicated.

1 Like

There is a carseat option for uber but you’ll still be limited to 4 or 6 passengers for X or XL.

1 Like

Great. thanks! I have only used Uber and Lyft in Philadelphia, not something I am overly familiar with using. I am thinking that 2 Ubers, both with a car seat would still be cheaper than a Minnie van plus an Uber. Just got a 7:35 a.m. at Cape May. Will get in son in law to verify the details for Uber.

Outdated (2017), but here is an article on Uber car seats in Orlando:

Notes: Only one car seat per vehicle. $8 extra. Might need to wait longer due to needing a more specific driver / vehicle.

1 Like