Two TS credits left - where do I use them?

Our trip is scheduled for October, so I still have plenty of time, but I’m trying to make plans. It will be myself, DH, DS8 and DD2.

Our trip is Saturday to Saturday. We will probably arrive midday and leave first thing in the morning (long drive back, but will probably split the drive down). We have a 7 day park hopper pass with dining plan. Reservations are for AS Movies but that may change. Here’s my plans so far:

Saturday: arrive, drop the dog off at the kennel, check in, head to Epcot
Sunday: PRD breakfast at Tusker House / AK
Monday: Epcot / dinner at Coral Reef
Tuesday: HS / dinner w/ Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine
Wednesday: MK / dinner at Be Our Guest
Thursday: PRD breakfast at BOG / MK / dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Knowing us, we very well may park hop some of those days. Our last trip we had planned a day at HS and ended up park hopping back to AK.

Friday is up in the air. This is where I need help. I’d like to have the day to park hop and catch highlights again or missed attractions. Right now, I have 2 TS credits left and I’m trying to figure out where to use them. I’m ok with adding a breakfast or dinner earlier in the week, doing two on Friday, or doing a signature dining or dinner show on Friday night before we come home. I’m also not 100% set on the above, although we know we want to do breakfast a Tusker, dinner at BOG, and some type of meal at Whispering Canyon.

A few notes about us:
We are NOT adventurous eaters.
I’m not a seafood fan.
DH & I tried Boma several years ago and did not like it.
We prefer American, Italian, Mexican and Japanese.
During our last trip, we tried the Backyard BBQ. I thought the food was great, but thought it was too busy. They started the singing/dancing so fast and expected the kids to join in so you really didn’t have time to eat before the kids were getting up to join in. I just felt too rushed. So prefer not doing this again.

Suggestions for what to do with those final TS credits?

Edited to say: I do think we would have loved the BBQ had the kids not been expected to get up and participate so early in the meal.

Hoop Dee Doo! 2 credits, I think you’d like the food (American - fried chicken, ribs, cornbread, salad, strawberry shortcake)

2 Likes

DD has requested our next visit to Epcot should include Garden Grill.
Are you going to Disney Springs? There are a lot of dining options there. Homecoming is wonderful!!
We did not care for Tiffins. It gets a ton of excellent reviews but we didn’t think it was all that great considering the price.
I have yet to eat at Teppan Edo, but I want to! And, Morimoto’s too.

I personally didn’t care for Hoop Dee Doo. My opinion is kind of like your BBQ experience. Too much going on. I couldn’t eat and watch the show at the same time. The 8:30 time slot is too late for us and getting to and from Wilderness camp ground just feels like an eternity - although I know it isn’t really!

1 Like

The time is a good point. Since we’d be leaving for about a 10 hour drive the next morning, might be too late!

We hadn’t planned a day for Disney Springs, but we could. I haven’t been to Disney Springs/Downtown probably since our trip in 2010. Might be good to see all the changes!

I can always find a good table service meal to use credits :slight_smile:

@SStottlemyer Recommendations? I’ve planned for the ones I know I want to do but not sure if there are other MUST try places.

I’d be tempted by Le Cellier (2 credits) on your opening day when you head to Epcot. Although it’s not clear if you have time on that day - good Canadian steakhouse that you’d likely enjoy. Alternatively you can do a 1 TS credit at Epcot on that opener, either restaurant in Italy, Garden Grill or San Angel in Mexico likely fits your likes well.

Friday it likely depends on what you think you want to do park wise. Breakfasts at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s or Ohana are all good character meals that setup well for MK. One of the Epcots above for dinner that day would be another option plus Disney Springs has many options.

1 Like

I agree with @Damavs. I would probably do 1 TS in Epcot on Saturday in Epcot and then 1 TS in/near MK Friday. You are going in October, so you’ll be there for the MNSSHP. That might put crinkle in your MK planning since they haven’t released the dates yet. Of course, if you plan to go to Disney Springs, that opens a lot of dining options for you.

1 Like

I recomend Ohana at the Poly, Biergarten, Teppan Edo, San Angel, Sci Fi, and 50’s Prime Time for your family.

1 Like

Hoop Dee Doo has shows at 4:00, 6:15, and 8:30. An earlier showtime is easily possible.

1 Like