Two Parks, Two Days (Oopsie! Change of plans.)

We are so tired. Today is going home day. We slept in a little. Mornings from our room (7608) are a little tough as the sun shines right in your window. I’m glad I got so much animal watching in on our two previous days. We did see more zebra antics and giraffes mostly standing around. I’m definitely not complaining!

Then bus to MK, a little monorail ride and then we were on a boat to the Poly and our lunch at Kona Cafe.

10 Likes

We’re about halfway home. Flying over …flyover country, I guess.

Lunch at Kona was pretty good but DD’s dashi bowl did not live up to Satuli Canteen status. The server didn’t get our order in the system properly, so we ended up being there much longer than planned. This resulted in us missing the Tragical Express. :woman_facepalming:t2: We were five minutes late.

I asked the desk person (from Washington State by the way!) if we could maybe get on a later bus since we had so much time. He called and the answer was no because there wasn’t going to be another bus that could get us there in time. We called an Uber (not immediately) and when we walked out to meet it, there was another ME bus. :woman_facepalming:t2: Really? I think we could have taken that one and had plenty of time.

Thanks for traveling along!

8 Likes

Your trip went by so fast! I hope you and Carly had a great time. Thanks for all the pictures!
Sorry you missed the TE, but at least you made your flight! Safe travels home.

3 Likes

Ha ha! I told Carly she was in charge of making sure we were at the right gate!

3 Likes

Oh no! Glad you didn’t miss your flight.

4 Likes

I love when all the giraffes are kinda hiding in that little gate area. It’s like a dog waiting at the door for a treat or to be let in. So cute!

2 Likes

Looks like a great trip! Sorry it ended on kind of a bummer.

2 Likes

A pretty small bummer, all things considered. My last trip, I missed my flight! :joy:

After observing the giraffes at AKL hang out by the barn waiting for their snacks, I wondered if that gate area on KS is where their snacks come from!

7 Likes

Oh gosh! Glad that didn’t happen this time.

1 Like