Two Parks, Two Days (Oopsie! Change of plans.)

Ending our UOR trip report and starting the WDW portion. Feels great to be back home - our first visit as DVC owners!

DD18 and I dropped our bags at AKL just after 9:00. Looked around a bit then hopped a bus for HS. Now we’re on a boat to BC for the short walk to Epcot IG. Food booths here we come! :yum:

Edited since DD is not 28!

15 Likes

Haha! Didn’t realize you were there now. I don’t follow UOR-identified reports at all. Nice surprise to see you pop up with a WDW report

WELCOME HOME!

Have all the food and fun! Can’t wait to follow!

5 Likes

You will appreciate this. We were unable to score an AK park reservation. Solely for this reason, we are upgrading to park hoppers. Tree of Life, we WILL see you soon!

12 Likes

You.

You are my people.

I love you so much :heart:

7 Likes

You know the feeling’s mutual! :heart:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

You can do this! Enjoy. Now, I have to get ready for work meetings.

3 Likes

45 minutes in …

15 Likes

Slight change of plans. GS was able to switch our HS reservation for tomorrow to AK! So now we’re just doing two parks in two days and the savings is funding our eats around WS today.

11 Likes

It’s 5:00 somewhere!

7 Likes

:yum:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t know if Touch of Disney will feel this good for you on the heels of WDW!

1 Like

We had a few more tidbits - pics on Carly’s phone and she’s napping. Then we took the friendship boat back to Canada and started to head out.

We got the room ready text at 11:35!! I can’t remember what I asked for but this seems to be right on the nose. We are super close to the lobby on the main floor. I can see the barns from our room. The giraffes are hanging out back there. We’ve got zebras, wildebeests, springboks, and more. Everyone is having a lazy afternoon on the savanna.

We’ll go back for more Epcot this evening.

19 Likes

It’ll just be fun to be back there. This is spring break week and until my older daughter graduated high school, we would drive down to DLR every year. So the memories popping up are all from old DLR trips and they make me a little sad. Plus, I am going with DD21 who is in Redlands. I haven’t seen her since January.

8 Likes

lovely!

2 Likes

Totally understand! I use any excuse to go to SoCal to visit DD in San Diego and DS in Irvine. Pandemic has not stopped me unless they restricted hotel use.

3 Likes

The giraffes are so funny. They are totally sticking their heads over the wall into the barn area waiting for a snack!

10 Likes

Keepers came out with snacks (finally!) and the giraffes followed them like puppies.

15 Likes

Feeding station right outside our room.

The keeper just called one of the zebras a handsome boy (the one on the left) as they were throwing out some treats.

I could just sit out here all day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Fabulous!

3 Likes

Don’t you love how spending can turn into savings so quickly at Disney?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes